Sunday, December 2, 2007

Happy Birthday Garrett and Joe!





Today is my “Magazine Boy’s” birthday and also his step-dad, Joe’s birthday. Joe's picture was on the blog yesterday with Garrett’s mother, Jilly. Garrett is 11 years old today, and his picture leads the blog today. How time flies! How blessed we are to have these two guys in our lives!

The other pictures on the blog are pictures Don took of me today. In the one, I’m working on some paperwork. ICK; I hate paperwork details, but I survived it. The other one is the picture of me with Elena’s last flowers of the year. I thought the yellow one would be open, but it looks like it will wait until tomorrow. That’s good; one more day of flowers. These last ones of the year are kind of skimpy, but I’m not complaining. I’m so pleased to have them.

I sure hope my blood is ‘rich’ enough to take the chemo tomorrow! If it’s not, I guess we’ll just have another delay. If it is, then I’ll be celebrating. If my blood is good enough for chemo, then it’ll be good enough to let us go out to eat on Tuesday with Dorothy and David. It’ll take a few days for the chemo to knock my blood down so low, so it should be safe to go have a celebration dinner.

I’ll post a report tomorrow night about my blood tests and chemo or not! I thank God that you care; it helps to keep me going strong. God is great and always provides for the best! To Him be the glory!

5 comments:

  1. Hello Jo,

    Gretta is beautiful! I've been at Rene's for a week so had to catch up on your blog. I loved the wigs--I know you told Ruthie you weren't voting but I vote for No. 3. It looked very natural and you looked a lot like Gretta.

    Hope you get to have treatment on Monday. Kailan did very well this week. Even went to school on Friday for a half day. We had a good week (Kailan and I). She eats a lot of Burger King and I do a lot of fixing all kinds of snacks when she is on steroids. Her hair is so, so cute. I wish she would keep it short but she can't wait to have pig tails--we had really short ones this week. She even wore them to school on Friday. She was so proud of them.

    God bless and get a good report!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, if that wig makes me look like Gretta, I'll reconsider. Okay, I'm done reconsidering. The wigs are out if they make me look like Miss America and 25. I just can't stand them. Thanks for the vote, though.

    I'm so glad that Kailan had a good week. I know it was wonderful for you if it was good for her. She is so darling with or without hair! I'll bet she loved the little wee pig tails. I may even have some one day! HA! Kailan is my hero, and role model, you know! I keep telling myself if she can do it, then I can! My PICC line drives me crazy, so it's a constant reminder to me that if a 4 year old can do it, then I sure can.

    Okay, I'm done considering pig tails, too. Ha! All I want is enough hair to trim; I need some hair to trim to relieve stress! Actually, I'm doing pretty good at de-stressing, but I'll be glad to have a little hair. I'll think of Kailan and you and keep it short for you and me, hows that?

    I'll report how tomorrow goes on the blog tomorrow. Welcome home!

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everyone, I deleted a comment because it was a repeat of my response to Donna. I had the experience that many of you have had in that I responded and then got a message that it couldn't be done or something like that. When I went back to see if it was there it wasn't, so I wrote it again. THEN I went back to check and both of them were there. Now it looks like I deleted someone's comment. I would never do that. I just didn't want the same thing in there twice. Ugh; more technical stuff and it's my bedtime! You all keep writing; I love the comments . . . even when you're voting for wigs I'm never wearing! HA! I love you all!

    Jo/Mary Jo/Mom/Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana and Aunt Donna are my new best friends! I never knew people thought that about me when I've still got so much baby weight! :) Thanks for making my day! But Most of all thanks for keeping up with mom!

    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jilly, thanks for giving me good material for the blog! Elena, Garrett, Joe and you! I'm so proud to show off all of you. I knew you'd be pleased to see Donna's and Dana's comments. They have a good eye for beauty. They are both beautiful, too; I love it that they keep up with me1

    Love and miss you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete