Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Our ice is gone but many are freezing, still!

We are so blessed to be free from the ice. The picture on the blog today is the last of our ice. It was beautiful, but treacherous to so many in the state who still have it. Our temperature stayed above freezing enough that the warm rain we got today melted off all our ice. It’s still a mess in OKC and Tulsa, as well as many other places in the state. I think their roads may be clear, but without power, they are really suffering. We feel so blessed and pray for power for those who are without. They are predicting snow this weekend, and the folks without heat sure don’t need snow. God works in mysterious ways, though. I can only imagine that people with heat will invite the people without heat to bundle in with them. Wouldn’t that make sense? I think we need to have closer communities and this kind of storm just might be what it takes to pull people together. I pray that it will be true. I’m such a dreamer, but someone has to dream; how else could dreams come true?

We went to have my blood tested today and it was lower than it’s ever been. I think that’s normal, though. It’s what chemo does, besides kill cancer. This is where I will be in my cycle after my next treatment when we are in Branson with the kids. So, I’m taking my mask and sending Don to buy some for the kids tomorrow. If anyone is sniffling or sneezing then they’ll get to play doctor with me that week. I’ll be careful, but I’m so looking forward to seeing them! I am scheduled to have it tested again next week, so we’ll be able to tell if it’s going in the right direction. I think I may ask the doctor to write a prescription for me for an antibiotic in case I get something while I’m gone. Then I will be ready. I didn’t ask the doctor why he wanted me to have my blood tested this week and next; I’m just following instructions. I think he’s just keeping an eye on me.

Enjoy this season and time with your families. Travel safely, stay healthy and thank our Father! I love you.

4 comments:

  1. Mary Jo,

    I am glad to see you fared well during the storms and that you are doing good. As you know I haven't been around lately but my condition went South in a hurry! Kristin had Thyroid Cancer surgery two weeks ago which damaged her vocal cords. I am sorry to say my faith is not as strong as yours at the moment. It's 2:36 AM so I imagine I'll try to go back to bed - hopefully!

    Love,

    Gene (64)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang tough, Gene. You know that God works in mysterious ways. I hope you got some sleep last night.

    I'll keep you and Kristin in my prayers. Send me an email and tell me all about it if you can.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Jo, reading your No Snit piece started this Red Friday with an hilarious twist. I hope to have a fabulous red Friday. One of my daughters can definitely relate to the snit role. Every time I read your column(sounds more sophisticated than Blog), I am determined to live this life with an attitude of gratefulness. I have enjoyed your pictures so much, I have requested that Santa bring me a digital camera for Christmas. Send me your address via e-mail if you please. Lovingly, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Ann! I'm so glad that you wrote and liked the "No Snit" sign. That's one of the things I love about you. You come across as such a classy lady, but you laugh so easily and enjoy life and still keep the class.

    Thanks for joining me for Red Fridays and I really thank you for finding courage in my blog. I know you love me because you always find the best in what I do.

    I love having you with me on this journey we call life. It's especially nice to have you with me on this side trip we call cancer. We are winning.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete