Sunday, December 23, 2007

Fuzzy.


Today’s picture is the update on my hair/fuzz. Don was calling me ‘Curly’ for a while when I was bald. Now he’s calling me ‘Fuzzy.’ I hope it’s because my HAIR is really getting longer and not because I’m a bear! The post when I first wanted you to see my hair was back on the 9th of December if you want to compare. It really is growing. It looks really gray to me, but I think there is some brown mixed in with it; when I look in the mirror I can see dark spots. It’ll show more as it gets longer. I think it’s mostly white, though. It remains to be seen if it will be curly or not.

Seven more days until we leave for Branson. We are so excited about it. I’ve got to be ready to go to Branson and also ready to leave for Houston as soon as we get back, so I’ll be packing this week.

We are on a waiting list for an apartment in Houston for patients at MD Anderson. They want us to check in within 2 days of when they call us, so we’ve got to be ready to go as soon as they call us. This week I am scheduled for my last chemo treatment on Wednesday. If my blood is good enough to do it, then we’ll be on schedule for surgery on the 28th and I’ll call and check to see where we are on the waiting list. If my blood is not good enough and we have to delay the surgery, then I’ll have to call them and have them move us back on the waiting list. We’re getting down to ‘crunch’ time on this Houston thing. If we are able to move as planned and not delay, then I’ll have pre-op tests starting on the 22nd of January, so we do need to get on down there and get settled as soon as possible.

I’ve got to take clothes for winter and spring, but I don’t want to take much. The apartments are completely furnished, so all we really need to take is clothes, books, laptop, etc. We’ll buy groceries when we get there.

I’m going to pretend that we’re on an extended vacation. The great thing is that Don’s sister and her family live there and also my close forever friend, Judy, and another Itazuke buddy and fellow breast cancer survivor, Pam Lyden. Also, my treasured spouse of an Itazuke buddy and fellow cancer survivor, Ann Nelson, will be there some of the time we are there. She was doing radiation when we were there in the summer and started this process. She’ll be back for check ups, so we’ll share some together time. These fun expectations keep me from having any negative vibes about this time in Houston. Also, we start the radiation they want me to walk and do everything I do at home. That sounds good to me, except I don’t do much anymore. I hope they mean all I USED to do. Mostly I’m looking forward to walking! When we come home from Houston I can visit with people and go to ballgames again! Woo Hoo! The good times light is shining at the end of the tunnel! I thank God for the opportunity to have the best care and to have all this support in Houston as well as all over the world. Thank you so much for being part of my support team! I thank God for YOU.

4 comments:

  1. Whoo Hoo!! "Fuzzy Jo"....I like that; and isn't that eyebrows I see too? I sure do see Mom in your eyes! I'm so looking forward to seeing you next week! Nice of you to grow hair for the occasion!! Ha! Love you! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yes, I think eyebrows are coming back, too! They're so pale, it's hard to see them.

    Terri is calling me her 'hairy big sister.' She is such a hoot.

    I'll be the hair one in Branson for sure. Ha! I'm so looking forward to it; I'm so glad you're going to stay the whole week!

    Love you,

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for signing Kailan's page. It is always so good to hear from you. We have a full house this week and are excited about the next few days--if we all survive each other! We continue to pray that all goes well and you have a wonderful Christmas with everyone. Take care. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    Love ya,

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Donna! A full house sounds so wonderful. I can just imagine everyone there and the house almost throbbing with activity. These are the times that make great memories that stick with us forever. Enjoy!

    You all will do it up so right, I know! Have a wonderful time and then enjoy the rest that will eventually come. :)

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete