Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!




Today has been a roller coaster ride. I got to bed at 1 after struggling to get us connected online last night. Then at 2 Trish came in to ask me to come watch Raynie as she had to take Nate to the ER with chest pains! At 5 they came home announcing that he didn’t have pneumonia, but he did have viral bronchitis. So, we quarantined my room and started even MORE efficient hand washing. We went to Wal-Mart and bought a digital thermometer so we could keep a close watch on my temp. So far, so good. Also last night when I was up with Raynie, my feet and hands started with the neuropathy pains; I realized I had forgotten the medicine for that! Man! I never, ever want to do THAT, again! Wal-Mart sold me a week’s supply to get me through on that count.

Nate has done fine all day and me, too. God is taking care of us. PTL!

Tomorrow afternoon we will move to the other resort, anyway. We will still spend the days here, but we’ll just do like we did today and keep up the vigilant hand washing. The pharmacist told me that was the best thing we could do and if my temp spikes, I have to go to the ER immediately.

Besides all that we are having a GREAT time! The kids are something else. I love the babies so much, but the big kids are so much fun, too. I didn’t get pictures of the big kids to compare with last night’s pictures, but we’ll do it before the week is out.

The pictures on the blog are Raynie having a giggling fit when I was feeding her once last night. Trish said that must have been really funny milk! There is also one of Grace wearing my hats. They all think my hats are funny and they love my ‘hair.’ They’re calling me ‘Chia Grammy.’ I love it!

God is blessing us and I thank Him so much. I pray for all the best for us and for you in 2008! Trust in God and make 2008 awesome!

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you! We just flew around the Loop in the Mustang.I am thinking of you as you celebrate this time with your family. I pray that Nate will have a speedy recovery and that the germs will go Splat and disappear in thin air. I give thanks to God for your faith in His promises and your talent for sharing your life's journey. Praise and adoration to God our Father. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year. Enjoy Branson and give all the kids our love. Hope Nate gets better and you stay germ free. B & Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. AGH!!!! I WANT TO COME OUT THERE TODAY!!! I CAN'T STAND IT! I did have fun skiing today, and I wouldn't have wanted to miss that! Saratoga really is family fun for us too! Laynie is TOTALLY spoiled! It's out of control!

    Joe seems excited to come! I can't wait to see Aunt Ruthie and Uncle Phil!! What a nice surprise!

    I wish I could ski tomorrow again, but I think I won't be able to move when I got up! I didn't realize how out of shape I was until trying to ski in a couple feet of fresh snow with the pros! I laughed because they wanted me to wear a helmet....I've never worn one skiing before! I was grateful to have it! I've NEVER fallen so much in my life! TOO MUCH FUN THOUGH!!! Who gets happy to fall??? I had a blast except for the last run! I was in SO MUCH PAIN trying to get down the mountain! Couldn't feel my legs, or knees! I though for sure I would break my neck before I got down! Thank God I didn't!

    See you in a couple of days!!!! LOVE YOU!!!

    g

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann and Jim, you two are having too much fun in that Mustang . . . is this what they mean by mid-life crisis? :) You keep doing the Loop and ENJOY, crisis or whatever!

    I love the concept of the germs going SPLAT! Nate is doing real fine. A couple of days of antibiotics and rest and he's as good as new.

    I'm not showing any signs of getting his germs, so still trusting God to hold onto me tight as I sail down this 'roller coaster.' He's been so good to me; I sure shouldn't doubt Him, now!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. B&Z, we're having the best time! The kids will love to think of you and enjoy your love. Nate is doing great already; youth is so wonderful! 59 isn't so bad, either; I haven't shown any signs of catching his cooties.

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jilly (G), don't you dare break anything sailing down those slopes! I know you're having gobs of fun at them, though!

    We'll be looking for you around noon on Friday. Don't stop and eat; we'll have plenty of lunch to share. Call when you get close to Branson and I'll give you directions to the condo.

    Raynie has Uncle Phil wrapped around her little finger already. He'll be whipped for sure when Elena gets here and does her magic on him! We can't wait to see the girls together.

    Garrett is feeling fine. He's wearing Nate's swimming trunks at the pool. You might want to bring his when you come in case Nate wants to swim. It's hard to find a swim suit at this time of year! Nate didn't feel like swimming last night and he was happy to have his computer to himself tonight when they went. By the end of the week he might like to go, though. Bring yours and Joe's suits in case you want to swim. It's a HUGE pool nearly to yourselves because there aren't many people using the pool at this time of year. HA! Even Trish went swimming tonight.

    Can't wait to see you; love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete