Saturday, December 22, 2007

Some people aren't home for Christmas . . .


“Now let me get this straight. It’s ANOTHER table rule? Something is so special about THIS table, that I can’t chew on it?”

She was such a hoot. We had the best time having her here for a day on Tuesday. It was sure a wonderful Christmas present!

Today Don has patiently worked with me to get nearly done with the taxes for the business. Bless his heart. He is so patient with me. I don’t get why everything has to be like it has to be for bookkeeping any more than he gets how computers work. We both roll our eyes and shake our heads at each other. Patience is such a virtue, though! I thank God for Don and his patience. I love his sense of humor and that he loves me even though I laugh when I should be serious. I think I made an I in Bookkeeping in high school, but this is real life and I’m sure not making an A!!!

Love all your family as you see them during this holiday season. Today we got a Christmas card from a friend’s son who is in Afghanistan. He has a wife and 2 little boys at home, but he is proud to be representing our country in Afghanistan. Read what he wrote:

“We cleared out a major Taliban stronghold and captured over $500 million worth of drugs (opium and heroin) that the Talib use to fund their insurgency. This should inhibit operations in the near term for them somewhat.”

We are all warm, at home enjoying the holidays. I thank God for men like this one, and I wear a red shirt every Friday to remind myself even if nobody else notices. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment