Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Elena and Gretta's visit!



Today was a breathtaking day all day. We woke up and started breakfast in expectation of Gretta and Elena arriving. I sweated some because I had agreed to call her cell phone when I got up so I’d know where she was and when to expect her. I kept calling and got no answer, so at first I thought she was in the ‘black hole’ (no coverage area) on I-40 between here and OKC. Then, when I still didn’t get an answer, I thought, “Well, she slept in and hasn’t turned her phone on yet. So I was thrilled when Don said, “They’re here!” It was so thrilling to have them really in our driveway! Elena was asleep, so Gretta got her out and handed her to me. She slept until I got into the house with her and started waking her. The picture on the blog is her waking up to the rattle of the Brighton bracelet that Pam-Pam sent; she loves it, too!

We got lots of pictures, but most of them are very similar. I keep taking pictures and then I'd put the camera down and forget it. I’ll show you one here and there from day to day. This day is way worth remembering; better than new shots of the same old me every day.

Gretta and I were marveling that I have hair growing on my head when I showed her that my arms don’t have any hair. She said, “But you DO have hair there!” No lie, the hair is coming back on my arms; I hadn't even seen it! My eyebrows are coming back, too. This is unreal, that I have hair coming back when I am right in the middle of the FAC! Well, I’ve had 3 of the 4 FAC treatments, so I’m nearly done, now. It’s amazing that hair is coming back, though. I’m grateful for whatever happens.

The doctor’s office called today because they had gotten the fax of my low numbers yesterday. They wanted to remind me to take my temperature from time to time to make sure I don’t have an infection starting and to be sure to wash my hands like a fiend. I never knew I could stop that, so I’m still doing it. They warned me not to eat any raw meat; ha! Like I would DO that? I appreciate their concern and their good care of me. I told them that one of my toenails appears to be infected, still, so they called a prescription in for that. My left big toenail is really ugly, but it seems to be better. The right one is the one that appears to be infected. I’ll be really happy to have these toenails gone and new ones coming. Toenails and fingernails are such small problems, so I give thanks that nothing worse has happened to me! I could have had a car accident and never had a hope of recovery!

Thank you all for reading the blog. Thank you for your concern and prayers for me. Thank you for sharing in our joy over our family. Okay, I can’t stand it. I put on two more pictures. One is Poppy telling Elena a secret and the other is Gretta holding Elena, asleep. We thank God for their visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment