Saturday, December 29, 2007

Can HARDLY wait!!!


What a funny day this is. I thought I’d be at the bottom of the barrel, so I had everything ready yesterday. I got up feeling fine! So, I’ve got the car packed and I’m ready to GO!

Don wanted to watch football all day on TV, so he’s asleep in front of the TV. How funny is that?

I can’t believe I got everything done and have time on my hands, now! I’d better get busy with some packing for going to Houston. When they call us from the apartments we only have 2 days to get there or they’ll give the apartment to someone else. So, we have to be READY when we get home.

I don’t have new pictures of me for the blog, so I put on a couple of Elena and Raynie. I hate that I’ve missed so much of their first year, so I’m so looking forward to being with them in Branson. Of course I’m excited about seeing the others, too. I’m taking puzzles, cards, games and markers (so they can decorate my bald head) to play with all of them.

I’m like a kid on Christmas Eve; just too excited. I know this is going to be such a celebration! I hope I can sleep tonight. Again, I’m afraid I’m going to be like a kid on Christmas Eve! I’ll bounce right up in the morning when it’s time to go. Yee Haw!

I’m thanking God for his opportunity to be with family! I wish and pray for a great new year for all of you and for us. I want to spend this year seeing all the kids and as many friends as possible. Woo hoo! 2008, here I come!

4 comments:

  1. Mom, so glad that you are feeling good! Lainey is sick here in NY and Garrett is sick at Tricia's! AGH!!! Garrett is NOT contagious they said, but they started him on antibiotics just in to be sure and so that nothing would spred.....especially to you!!! He will start them tonight, but I thinkk that he should be in Tricia's car during the drive! We can't wait to see you!

    JIlly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Lainey Dolly! Is it an ear infection? Trish told me about Garrett; I hope he feels better by morning.

    Actually, I started with a sore throat before supper. It might just be a chemo thing, I've read. I don't have a fever. I'm taking it every few hours just to be sure.

    We'll do just fine. We'll take this trip one step at a time, but we're doing it no matter what! I'm determined to see everybody I can!

    You take care of Elena and we'll take good care of Garrett and me. We'll see you the end of the week.

    We can hardly wait!!!

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from WV,

    Hope you all have a wonderful visit. What a house full and I thought 5 was a bunch! Garrett and Jo should wear a mask for the first day or so to be sure they are OK and not spreading germs to each other--Kailan has a whole box of them--wish I could send you some--they are Disney!

    My prayer is that everyone has a safe trip and a wonderful, fun filled New Year. Good vibes being sent your way. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily--everyone.

    Love ya,

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, you are so sweet! We are having a wonderful time. The kids are all so great. The bigger ones help to take care of the little ones and the little ones entertain us all.

    The sick amongst us are making this VERY interesting! We are sure counting on God to get us through this week and the rest of our lives!

    Thank you so much for your prayers; we keep you all in our prayers, too. This cancer thing is certainly a trip. I know you've had more experience than you've wanted with it, but your example, strength and love sure helps those of it who are traveling it the first time. Thank you so much for being on my support team!

    Love and prayers,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete