Saturday, December 1, 2007

Jilly and Joe.

Today has been a sweet day. Angela, the housekeeper came! She couldn’t come Wednesday because she had strep throat! YIKES! I can’t have that bug in the house and she didn’t feel like coming, either. She’s been on antibiotics and feels fine, so she came today. I love it when the house feels clean. She is so amazing. Today I found her cleaning BLINDS! She always finds something to clean that I would save for Spring-cleaning! How blessed am I to have her in my world!

I have already pulled dressing, turkey and gravy out of the freezer for tomorrow’s lunch. We’re going to celebrate Thanksgiving, again! I may start off my ‘thanksliving’ prayer with thanks for the freezer! That freezer is another wonderful gift in my world! God is so good to us. We have the freezer full of plenty to keep us fed, so I rarely have to do more than warm a meal. The microwave is high on my list of wonderful gifts, too. Those are things. The best gifts are the people in my world. You have all really stepped up to the plate to support me through this breast cancer challenge, too. I thank God and I thank you!

The picture on the blog today is our daughter, Gretta Jill (I call her Jilly a lot) and her husband, Joe. These are Elena and Garrett’s parents. This is a good picture except they both have blue eyes and they don’t look blue in this picture. It’s no wonder that Elena has beautiful blue eyes. Tomorrow I’ll have Don take a picture of me with the very last of this year’s flowers. That bundle of blooms that I cut before our freeze is just about gone. Tomorrow will be the last day, I imagine.

God Blesses America!

4 comments:

  1. Am I going to be the only person that mentions how stunningly beautiful Jilly is? There I did it. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, thank you! You are a sweetheart. If you knew her you'd say the same thing about her personality. We agree with you; just ask us any day! I'm sure you've made her day.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena's dad was also a beautiful baby. She was "born and bred" to be adorable- how can she miss with such handsome parents?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that the truth that she just couldn't miss! They're all beautiful people inside and out!

    This has got to be from one of Joe's sisters who remembers what a doll he was. :) Thanks for writing!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete