Friday, December 14, 2007

Red shirt Friday.

Today was a fun day. Dorothy and David came by this afternoon to play a little Canasta with us. David has COPD and is on oxygen 24/7, so he is as much at risk with it comes to bugs as I am. They are as careful as we are about him getting exposed to anything, so we figure they are the safest people we know. Anyway, it was sure fun to play some cards. I was making a hamburger for Don, so I threw 2 more into the skillet and made them burgers, too. I have the burgers already in patties in the freezer, so making 3 is no different than making 1. It was so fun to have them join us for dinner! We should have taken pictures while they were here, but we forgot to do that. The picture on the blog is just me in front of my Buchanan wall.

We have some good news due to a sad event. That sounds like an oxymoron. The sad thing is that Gretta’s ex-husband’s father died suddenly yesterday. Garrett was scheduled to come to spend Christmas with his dad next Friday, so she has spent today rescheduling his trip so that he’s coming tomorrow to be here in time for his Pawpaw’s funeral on Monday. She didn’t want to give him this sad news and then put him on an airplane to make the trip alone, so she’s coming WITH him! That makes it a BONUS for us. She wanted to come to the funeral because he was a great father-in-law to her. I’m glad that she can come and hope that the family can all enjoy the time together in spite of the sadness of the cause for the gathering. Of course she will be bringing Elena, so we get to see them early! We weren’t expecting to see them until we meet them in Branson, so this is exciting for us. I’m very sad for the family to face this loss, though. I pray that the snow we expect this weekend will not hinder the family coming for the funeral.

For those of you who thought I was getting close to talking dirty with my sign last night, I want to share this bit of information sent by a good friend:

The American term 'snit' for a fit of rather childish temper can be traced back to the editor, playwright, politician, journalist and diplomat Clare Boothe ...
www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-sni1.htm

Please join me in counting blessings and giving thanks. Remember that in every cloud there is a silver lining; look for it! God bless!





2 comments: