Sunday, January 27, 2008

68 looks great in 08!




The pictures on the blog today are Don in the living room (we’ve swapped the chairs since) and the bedroom in the apartment. (Yes, Doris, we moved the furniture in there, too; we’ll put it back, but I wanted to be sleeping toward the north.) These are twin beds, but we pushed them together to make a king. Don looks good at 68, doesn’t he? I think he looks great!

We celebrated his birthday today. I made him a cherry pie and he seemed pleased. It was a beautiful day so we walked around the apartment complex and were pretty overwhelmed with the size of it. I’ll have to pay better attention the next time and figure out how many apartments are here. It’s very nice, though.

Last night was interesting. I gave Don a haircut and then he went to shower to find we had no water. We could get a trickle, but not enough to shower. A major water pipe had burst locally, and the whole community was without water. They told us they were working on it and would have it back in several hours. YIKES! So, I gathered enough (by trickle) and warmed it in the microwave to wash his head in the kitchen sink. When I woke at 2:20 we had water, so we started his birthday with showers!

The day after our first night here, we came home to find the kitchen sink full of icky water that had backed up the drain. We called and they sent some guys who got a machine to fix it. Then the water deal last night. Then the postponed surgery. So EVERY day is interesting.

I’ll keep you posted via the blog about the tests they do tomorrow and Tuesday. This should be a very interesting week! I believe God is in charge and trust Him totally. I thank Him for the opportunity to stand amazed at His awesome work.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Dad! You do make 68 look great!

    Mom, want me to make your weather pixie be in Houston while you are there? Let me know!

    Happy testing tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you.

    Love,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish, I'd love for the Pixie to move to Houston with us! Thanks! I love her because she packs all her stuff and doesn't take up any room! The days I can't get out I can just look at the Pixie and see what the weather is doing!

    I'll let you know as soon as we know anything about any tests tomorrow.

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo tell Don that 68 not old if your a tree!!!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom, now there's a point. I told Don and he said, "Who said anything about old?" He's hard to beat. I'm laughing at all of it. You guys are too much for me!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete