Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Escaping proves I have little stamina.


Pictures on the blog tonight are Grace ‘crowning’ Don in Branson and Don holding Raynie. He’s a wonderful Poppy.

Today has been an interesting day. It was the day I would have had another chemo treatment, except I’m DONE with chemo, so I didn’t. I’m assuming that my numbers were good enough for a treatment, though, so we escaped from our ‘hole.’ We went out for breakfast and lunch! We went late to both, so there weren’t too many people there. However, there were several coughing, so I was really paranoid about being among them! I decided against church tonight because I figured there would be people coughing and sputtering there, too. I’ll be so glad to have my immunity really strong and not feel so fragile.

After breakfast we went to Wal-Mart for a refill on my neuropathy medication, which they didn’t have. Just those outings wore me out. We came home and I took a nap, but woke up when the pharmacist called to say he had my prescription. It’s amazing that going out and being presentable is so tiring. I think I feel good, but I guess I don’t have stamina. It’ll build back as I build strength.

I thank God for details that matter and the ability to struggle with them. I thank Him mostly for the opportunity to heal and build strength and for people in my life, who care, support me, and pray for me to heal. Life is good and God is great; to Him be all the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment