Tuesday, January 22, 2008

No fever today!


The picture on the blog today I’ve been saving for the right time. I think this is it. This is one I caught of Elena and Raynie in Branson and it had to have just the right caption to go with it. I think Elena is saying, "I said Grammy has a FEVER!"

The good news is that I didn’t have any fever today. Also none of the people I saw today at MD Anderson were concerned about the fever I’ve HAD or the cough I’m having. I coughed up some ick today, so that means it’s coming from my head since my lungs are clear. I’m not having any trouble breathing and no chest pain. They listened to my chest all over the hospital today and everyone was pleased. So far we are still on schedule for surgery on Monday.

Now, the rest of the story is this: the computers were down all over MD Anderson today, so they were behind all over and I didn’t get to do a couple of things for which I was scheduled. They’re rescheduling it all for Thursday, so we can still get moved into the apartment tomorrow and we’ll get everything done at the hospital on Thursday. Tomorrow we see the internal medicine guy and he will release us to finish up with the anesthesiologist on Thursday. We’re getting there.

Today wasn’t so bad for me because Judy came and spent the day with us, so we had another reunion. Don held up well in spite of it all. We’re just so glad not to have to make that drive in and out everyday after tomorrow morning. Don took most of the stuff out to the car already and we’ll finish up loading all the rest in the morning.

I continue to thank God that so many folks care and keep up with us on the blog. I apologize if I worried anyone, needlessly. I didn’t want to hold out information and have people offended that I didn’t tell something. God continues to take care of us and we thank Him for that, too. We trust Him totally. Love to all and God bless.

2 comments:

  1. What a precious picture and the comment surely fits it! Once you get settled in the apartment I think Don and you will be all set to go on Monday. I am thankful that you found a place to stay nearby the medical center. God will continue to look after both of you. Love,Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your encouragine support! We are so thrilled to be in this apartment; it is awesome!

    God will never let us down. He has brought us this far; He will see us through all the rest of our lives. Isn't that a rich blessing that we all have if we just accept it!

    Love you so much,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete