Friday, January 4, 2008

Raynie has a tooth!


We’ve had more fun than might be legal. Gretta and Joe and Elena got here shortly after noon and it’s been fun, non-stop, since then. The picture on the blog tonight is Gretta holding Elena and Raynie; Elena is giving Raynie a kiss. They are so cute together. Raynie reaches to get Elena’s pacifier that’s clipped to her shirt and Elena grabs her with both hands and gives her a big kiss. Raynie cut her first tooth today; Grace is so proud of her for ‘growing teeth!’

Trish has been an angel and taken the kids to the pool every night except one since we’ve been here. What a trooper; she doesn’t even like to swim. The kids do, though, and she’s been so good to take them with only taking one night off to not go. She’s taken them every day for either a girl’s day out or a boy’s day out. Today she took them to Branson Landing to see the fountain show. I think they’ve had a great time. We’ve played cards and worked puzzles and eaten like nobody’s business. It’s been a great week. It’s really fun to have Gretta, Joe, and Elena join us to cap off a great week.

I thank God that we’ve been able to stay healthy and travel safely! This is a wonderful boost for Don and I before we head off to Houston for surgery and radiation. God is so good to us. Thank you for keeping up with us.

PS: I just read Evelyn’s comment on the blog and maybe others wonder, as she did, “What is Chia?” Remember the ads on TV around Christmas every year about Chia Pets? They have these clumps of dirt in shapes of animals; they are covered in Chia seeds and they call them Chia Pets. They have that catchy little tune: ch ch ch cheeeeaa! Anyway, I think you spray the thing with water and keep it moist to watch it grow fuzzy greenery in the shape of the animal. I’ve never had one, so I’m telling you this using my chemo memory from the ads and just guessing how they really work. I’m sure if you do a Google search you’ll see why the kids called me a Chia Grammy (it’s the fuzzy new hair growing on my head).

2 comments:

  1. Hello to all the gang in Branson, I just couldn't wait to read the Blog as I just knew it was going to be, "We are have more fun than is legal." Just the picture of Raynie and Elena was enough to see there is nothing more precious than seeing little ones having fun. Thanks for the Chia comment; now I don't feel quite so dumb (just a tad). I shall have you all in my prayers that each family gets back home safe and sound. So happy that you all had this great time together. So many memories to take with you to Houston, and those precious memories will help get you all through the trying days. By the way, I talked to Sadie today and she is doing well. Had too much company. (No PT on Saturday, so all her friends visited). She is in hopes that the pins work well in her hip and that she will be able to go home next week. Sarah Francis will be coming from Covington, TN to take care of her at home. Her principal was very understanding of the situation. Bye for now and continue having fun. Love you all, Eb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Eb, thanks for the report on Sadie. We so hope and pray that the pins will work, too!

    We've had so much fun. We've got as much as possible packed to leave in the morning. This week has flown!

    Thanks for your prayers for our safe journey's home. We'll all be careful, but we need our Father's watch over us, too! He's been so good to us.

    I know the memories of this trip will be great to hold me over until the next time we can all be together. I needed the boost and it's been so wonderful!

    Thanks for keeping up with all of us and for keeping the family connected!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete