Sunday, January 20, 2008

Emergency room, but okay.


Today was interesting. We went to church, then both boys came over with their wives and sons for dinner. After they left I took a nap and woke up with a FEVER. I called MD Anderson and they said to go to the emergency room. So, 6 hours later, we’re home. I’m really tired, but okay.

They said that I may have the flu, but it’s not showing yet. I had a fever and something in my blood work indicated they my body is fighting something. My numbers were all good, so I’m not immune suppressed, so that’s good. That means I can fight whatever it is. They said that often the flu doesn’t show early. I don’t feel all that bad, just feverish. They did cultures which will take 48 hours to have all the results. They did X-rays and my lungs are clear.

Anyway, it was somewhat of a scare, but the important thing is that I got to come home; I don’t have anything horrible, and they gave me antibiotics and a flu medicine, so I likely will be able to be all better in time to still stay on schedule for the surgery next Monday. AND, we got to watch the Giants beat the Packers; I think that was important. Ha!

The picture on the blog tonight is another one from Branson. This one is Raynie getting ready to chew on someone’s goggles as she holds Elena by the seat of the pants. They were so cute together! I could hardly get them both in the same picture because they moved so quickly.

I thank God for a great visit in Branson, good care today in the ER, and Doris to show us everywhere to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment