Saturday, January 19, 2008

Safe in Houston!


The picture on the blog tonight is Garrett, crashed in Branson. One day when we were there Trish was taking the boys out for a boys day out, shopping. Garrett couldn’t find his billfold, anywhere, so he opted not to go. We knew it had to be there but we couldn’t find it anywhere. Since there were only the girls left with us, he crashed on the sofa. Sadie and I did the mothering, type A sort of thing and hunted the whole condo over for his billfold. When we still couldn’t find it, we sat down and played Scrabble. Garrett later found his billfold in his suitcase, right where Sadie told him to look 3 times. He looked once and didn’t see it because it was black just like the lining of his suitcase. It turned out good because Sadie got to say, "I told him," and Garrett saved all his money and got a good nap!

Anyway, I put this picture on because it looks like me today. We had a fine trip down from home and I took 3 naps. I shouldn’t have been tired, but I was. We visited with Doris and Jerry until they got up to get ready to go to the 50th wedding anniversary celebration of their good friends. I crashed right on the sofa where they left me; never even knew when they left. I feel rested and ready to get up and get ready for bed, now! How lazy is that?

God was good to give us a safe trip down today. It was a beautiful day and much of the roads where they’d been working the last time we came were finished! We actually left 15 minutes ahead of our planned leaving time. Of course, I forgot my Salba (my super food), but Ruthie to the rescue! She had the address so that I could order more quickly and it will arrive soon. God sent me with enough in butter to get me by until the new batch arrives.

My sweet sister-in-law has ‘my’ bathroom stocked with beautiful live irises; what a dear she is. I wish everyone had such a wonderful sister-in-law and wonderful sister (who has ALWAYS pulled me out of trouble) as I do. I thank God for them and you!

2 comments:

  1. Yea, you made it to Conroe! One of the braclets I wear says Say it...Fight it....Cure it! I bought it in the gift shop in the Clarke building where I would think you would have some of your pre-op work. I know where the Brompton apartments are and the area is nice. They are right across from the Buffalo Bayou and it has a nice walking trial. Also, your drive to the hospital is about 10 minutes and there are different routes you can take. May God bless you as you continue on your journey.Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, I'm glad you knew about the walking trail on the Buffalo Bayou. I think we'll enjoy that as we get into spring.

    Thank you for keeping an eye on me as we make this journey. Today wasn't so fun, with the trip to the ER, but we feel blessed too have made it this far without having to go to the ER. We also feel blessed that my immune system seems to be in good shape after the chemo. That's all good signs.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete