Saturday, January 12, 2008

Uncle Joe is the best!


Since we had dial up in Branson, I’ve been more sensitive to time to download pictures and just put one on most days. Today both these pictures had to be on here because they tell a story about Joe and Grace. The first on is Grace hitching a ride on Joe’s leg as he walks over from one unit to the other. He’s such a nice guy he let her DO that! The next picture is Joe enjoying an X-Box game with the guys and Grace is in his lap fast asleep. Does Grace have his number or what? He’s really a great guy; I’m proud to be in the bald club with him. (That's Garrett beside Joe and Mason beside Garrett. Gabe is in front.)

I’m happy to be growing hair, though. It’s so nice to have enough hair to keep my head warm at night and through the days. I’m still wearing a cap, but I’m not wearing 4 or 5 anymore! I just look goofy, not totally ridiculous. Ha! Don’s back to calling me ‘Curly.’ We can’t tell if the hair is curly, yet; he just calls me that. Most of it appears to be white, but there is some brown in it. I’m sure it’s God’s favorite color for me, so I’m going to love it.

We loaded lots of stuff into the car today and got all our clothes ready to go to Houston. We are so ready for them to call us. We’ve got plenty to keep us busy here, but if they call us, we’re ready. I expect we won’t get a call and we’ll leave on the weekend to head to Doris and Jerry’s and do the pre-op stuff from there. We’re shooting from the hip, but we trust God will provide. He’s already provided Doris and Jerry and Judy and Aki! We are so blessed!

One time we were visiting Don’s brother in Kansas and his daughter, Mary Beth, and husband, David. We had lunch at their house and David prayed thanking God for lunch as well as for putting us into families. That was something I’d always taken for granted; my family! How dumb is that to take a thing as wonderful as our family for granted? I’ll always be grateful not only to God for our family, but to David for alerting me to that awesome gift! I also give thanks to God for putting people into our lives when we need them. How blessed are we to have such great friends! Thank you for being among our family and friends!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Mary Jo for including me among your friends. Your message each day has become part of my daily devotional time.
    Whose son is Mason and is your surgery date the 24th? Jim and I leave this morning for Houston and I have tests beginning this evening and tomorrow. We leave Houston on Tuesday morning. May you receive comfort from this scripture: 2 Timothy 1:5. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ann, you do my heart so good; of course I count you as a treasured friend! How sweet of you to include me in such a special time in your day!

    Mason is Tricia's 4th child. He is 7. Gabe, in that picture is one of his big brothers.

    I hate that we are missing you on this trip to Houston! Surely you will have another visit while we are there for 3 months. I pray that your tests show good things and that you travel safely. Tell Jim not to floorboard that little red Mustang; I know it's tempting!

    Thanks for the scripture, too. It is encouraging to me. I would love to be like Lois and Eunice!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete