Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy and healthy in Branson!

Last night it took about an hour to upload the pictures on the blog because I’m using dial up. So, tonight there is only one picture on the blog. It’s me sitting in the floor holding Raynie. I was playing Scrabble with Nate and Sadie while Trish took the other boys shopping. Raynie got bored with the game and fell asleep. I have to tell you that she dropped her toy onto the puzzle once and strewed pieces every which way. We had to reconstruct the puzzle! Our Momasan would be so proud to see us enjoying Scrabble! It was one of her favorite games.

Nate and Garrett are feeling just fine and I have not shown any indication of catching their germs. Maybe our hand washing vigilance is working. Maybe it’s God’s protection plan. Anyway, I’m doing just fine.

Ruthie and Phil and Don and I moved to a 2-bedroom unit at the Falls Village this afternoon. We went right back over to the Surrey and fixed burgers for dinner and stayed while Trish took the little kids swimming. Nate could have (and would have) kept Raynie, but we were enjoying her. She’s such a sweetie.

We’re so blessed with dry weather, even if it’s cold. We’re happy to not have snow. We sure want Gretta to be able to get here with no issues on Friday! We thank God for taking care of our family as we travel. I am so grateful for this opportunity to visit with the girls and this many grandkids as well and Ruthie and Phil. Thank you for keeping up with us while we escape!

4 comments:

  1. Mom -

    I will try to remember Garrett's suit! I don't get in until 8 though and then I will have to unpack, pack, and then go to bed to get up and drive early! Hope I remember. Thanks for thinking that I could possible be seen in a swimsuit in a public place.....I will save people that TERROR at New Years time! Maybe if I can make a New Years resolution to get in shape then I will be able to swim in public again someday. I doubt that Joe will swim unless I ask him to take Elena in.....he will probably do that for her!

    I am not sore from skiing to bad today! I can't believe it! I took antiinflammatories last night though because I was aching so bad before I went to bed! You will need to send me an email with directions....I have no idea where I am going...or coming!

    Are we doing Christmas there? I hope it's not a big ordeal, although I LOVE the big ordeals I just have been traveling for the last month literally and haven't had time to really prepare!!! I'll do my best with the little time that I have!

    I'll chat with you soon! Love you!
    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just do the best you can and get here safely. You've seen the stuff we've got for you and Joe; don't get into a snit over 'Christmas.' This is a "NO SNIT ZONE!" We're having together time and enjoying every moment; that's what is important!

    I'll send directions by email tomorrow. Don't worry about that, either. We're all looking so forward to your being here!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping us up to date on your wonderful Get Together. Keep having fun and making Precious Memories. Give our Love to All. Thanks to Ruthie for the call last night. We truly are so Blessed!!
    With Love and Prayers,
    Dot, Frazier and Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dot, Frazier and Janie,

    It was good to get a call from Janie today and hear from all of you, too. Dot, you and Frazier must get lots of rest and get back into shape so you can be braced for hugs when Ruthie and Phil get home. They'll be tired after this week, but I know they'll want to see you soon.

    I know it's been a rough week with a tremendous loss in Springville! God works in mysterious ways, so we have to be patient and trusting.

    You are right He blesses us so much; we must always remember that and not take it for granted.

    We are enjoying this get together so much. Thanks for sharing it with us from the distance!

    Love you all,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete