Thursday, January 3, 2008

Gretta gets here tomorrow with Joe and Elena!


Tomorrow Gretta and Joe and Elena come to join us! We can hardly wait to have them here with us. We’ve had the best time this week. I thank God that our health has held!

We are blessed to have the opportunity to have these timeshares to house all of us. It’s been good to have plenty of space and to be able to put some distance between us so that we could get good rest, plus keep the germs at bay.

The picture on the blog tonight is the little Sweet Pea (Raynie) crawling. She is such a hoot. She just figured out how to crawl a day or two before we came to Branson. They have hard wood floors at home, so it’s tricky for her, but on the carpet in the condo, she can really move! She’s so tiny; it seems impossible for her to be scooting around like she does. She’ll be 6 months old the 10th of this month; can you believe that hair?

Tomorrow I sure hope to get pictures I promised of all the big kids. I know we’ll get more of Elena and Raynie together. It’s hard to keep the big kids still long enough for pictures; they hate that stuff. I’ll be doing my best to get some pictures, though!

I thank God for the digital camera to take lots of shots and not have to wait to see if I got any good ones. There are so many modern things that make our lives richer. Mostly I thank Him for fantastic family members and times to share with them! I thank Him for you, who care to keep up with us, too.

2 comments:

  1. Good afternoon to all,
    I just finished my email to you, Jo, and wanted to check the blog. I just must get Alice to come and visit. There is no way I can do justice to your wonderful messages and pictures. What does Chia mean? Has to have something to do with the hair/or lack of... loved your beautiful crown. One can certainly tell that the children all love their grandmother dearly. Yes, your mother would be so happy to know the family is still enjoying scrabble as indeed, she loved playing. But as I recall, she was pretty strict about rules, no short 2-letter words, etc. I suppose as of my writing, Gretta, Joe and Elena are arriving or on their way. Know you will all have a ball. Yes, I, too, am learning about the handwashing, jel thing. I am better, but don't want any lingering germs to hit someone else, nor do I want to pick up any new ones.

    My love to each and all....Have a blast!!!

    Eb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Eb! I explained on the site tonight about Chia Pets. That's me a Chia 'pet' Grammy. Ha!

    Thanks for telling us about Sadie's fall and broken hip. Our prayers will be for a speedy recovery for her. That reminds me to be so careful on our hardwood floors!

    Mom did love Scrabble, and she stuck to the rules. The rules DO allow 2 letter words, though, and she knew them all and played them skillfully! She sure wanted the puzzle to be balanced and for us to use all the high scoring spots.

    We are having a blast. It's a wonderful time and we are so thankful for it.

    Keep getting stronger, and by all means bring Al over to see the pictures!

    Love you all,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete