Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What a goofus! I had the picture all ready to put on the blog last night and then I sat here and did lots of work on the computer. I thought I had DONE the blog, but never DID it! CHEMO BRAIN strikes, again! My forever friend in Houston, Judy, wrote this morning asking ‘Where’s the beef?” I didn’t even realize I hadn’t put the ‘beef’ on the blog! Thanks Judy! She also said not to worry about the apartment; they have room. See what great support I have!

The picture on the blog is Garrett holding Elena and Grace holding Raynie. Sweet Branson memories! Raynie has her other front bottom tooth, now; the first one came while we were in Branson.

Yesterday went really well. I’m feeling so good these days. I know part of it is because I’m not concerned about another chemo treatment coming in a few days. Part of it is because the LAST chemo treatment is working it’s way out of my body, too. Anyway, I’m feeling great!

Don is concerned that after the surgery and radiation it will hit me that I have no breasts and some emotional crisis may occur. Bless his heart. I think I’ll see it as a life saving event rather than a pitiful thing. I really think I’ll look on it as a good thing. Don is doing okay, but he feels that it’s his responsibility to look after me and I think he feels like he may not be equipped to handle a basket case. I think I can keep the ‘weave in my basket’ together; I believe God will do it for me. I remember when Mom had her mastectomy and she was concerned about losing a breast. I remember saying, “Mom, let them take a whole arm if they need to if it will save your life; your life is what matters, not your breast!” I believe I still feel that way.

I’m feeling so good I can hardly stand it. We’re going to celebrate Don’s birthday today. It’s not his birthday, but we’re celebrating it because it’s the day before my surgery and he’ll get left out that day, I’m afraid! We’re meeting our card-playing friends for an early supper at the barbeque place in town (before the crowd gathers). Then they’ll all come over here for cards. That’ll be way fun. I promise to do the blog tonight!!!

Thanks for caring! God Bless!

4 comments:

  1. Your comment about keeping the weave together in your basket really hit home. Until recently I never realized how differently men handle their emotions than women. Having a hobby and a friend to talk to really helped Jim during my recovery.
    Getting ready for wearing red tomorrow because I forgot last Friday and two of my friends whom I told about its significant wore red.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Ann, for spreading the red Friday significance! Tomorrow is the day and I love wearing the red; I love you for joining me and for encouraging others to do so, as well.

    You are so on the same page with me; what a blessing that we can connect even with our 'baskets!'

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Atta Girl, Jo, I like your positive attitude and you sure have got one of the best. I know tht no one can know what it is to go through surgery that is facing you unless we have been there and done that, but you have the right attitude: It is a life saver! Beauty doesn't always make a person Beautiful but what is inside. I know I don't make sense trying to say things I thing and can't get the right words to say it. I am so proud of Don for backing you all the way and he will be beside you through it all. God Bless you Both! I cannot believe we haven't seen Phil an Ruthie yet. But Jane and I still have such a cold, sinus or whatever you call it and we don't get out and wouldn't want anyone to come here and get this bug whatever it is, it sure is no fun!The picture is just too Precious! I know you all are so proud of your Families and Friends. We sure did enjoy our little ones Xmas. We are so happy you all got to be together at Branson and made safe trips home. Prayers work! God is so Good! Thanks for keeping us up to date on the Blog!
    With Much Love and More Prayers
    Dot, Frazier and Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dot, Frazier and Janie,

    Yes, Dot, I know what you are saying. I think you are saying that you love and support us and constantly pray for us. I think that's the bottom line and I so thank you for it all!

    I am enjoying the picture Jane sent so much. It is really a bond. In fact, from now on when I watch a birt I will think of all of you. How wonderful God is to give us great relationship opportunities and great reminders.

    You all drink lots of fluids, get lots of rest, and take care in general. You'll mend and be back amongst people before you know it, I hope! I know that Ruthie and Phil are anxious to see you.

    Love you gobs and heaps!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete