Thursday, January 31, 2008

'Home' already, doing fine and resting!


I’m ‘HOME!" Can you believe it? Believe it; it’s me back on the blog. I’m on my way to bed, but I can DO this! Wow! It feels so good to have a home and be in it. Thank you Doris, Jerry and GOD. I know that God has been so good to us.

Judy was there with us yesterday, and stayed with Don the WHOLE time. Patty, Dana, Terri, Bob, Bob and all of you who know Judy know how good that was for Don and for me to know she was with him. Doris is fighting a cold, so she helped most by NOT being there. You know how paranoid we all are about germs!

We left the hospital at 9:30 this morning. Don dropped me off and he headed out to get my prescription for pain. When he gets home we’ll both take a good nap. He slept the best he could in one of those chairs that makes into a bed last night, God bless him! He’s too big for one of those, so I know he didn’t sleep well. I slept like a brick with all the medications. Those of you who know I always have nausea after surgery: I admit to one spell of nausea, but they gave me something for it and I never had another problem. I hadn’t had anything to eat, so I only spit up a bit of water I had drank right before. Later I ate breakfast and kept it down fine. All is well! Thank you all so much for watching the blog, for your comments and for your love, support and prayers. I’m doing just fine and I’m off to bed. Trish, thanks SO much for keeping up the blog for me! You’re a doll! I can take it from here.

The picture on the blog is of Judy and I before they took me into surgery. This was a holding room. God bless Judy and all of us.
PS: Bald is so wonderful for wallowing around in a hospital bed, those crazy caps, etc. What a blessing, but it'll be fun to have some hair one day. For now, this bald has been such a gift! Thank you, God for that, too!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Grammy! Grace has been looking at pictures on the blog and she says, "I just love Grammy's new house! I want to go live there with her." What do you think?

    Love,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hearing from Tricia was a blessing and checking the Blog a few minutes ago and realizing that you were "speaking" again made my heart leap with joy. My faith has been so strong that I mailed you a card on Monday in hopes that you would have when you arrived home. Love, Jim & Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jo,
    We are so glad to hear the surgery went smoothly and that you are back home and doing so well. God is so good! You will continue to be in our prayers as you recover. Get some rest and take care of you!

    Much Love,
    Stephanie, Gregg, and Colt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so thankful you are doing so well. God is so good. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. As soon as you're ready, I plan to come for a visit. I love you so much. Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your good news has made this such a happy day! I am so thrilled to hear your surgery went well, and that Judy was there to share her love and support. I am astonished that you left the hospital so soon. God has seen you through the treatments, the surgery, and now your recovery. What an awesome God He is and what an awesome servant you are. Much love, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace is such a dolly! Of course we would love to have her come live with us, but it would get small around her right quick. HA! I keep her with me with all her sweet little sayings. I was just telling Judy yesteday about her being married to Jack and about her getting up at dark becasue "tonight is tomorrow." She's such a hoot and keeps me going lots of times. All your kids give me such precious memories; all the grandkids do. I am so blessed to have oodles and gobs of grandkids!!!

    Love you all,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jim and Ann, Trish is something to pick up where I leave off! I got home really quickly, so I'll be looking forward to your card in tomorrow's mail.

    Love,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terri, you come right on, Girl, whenever it's good for you. I'm doing just great!

    Love you,

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stephanie, Gregg and Colt, thanks so much for keeping us in your prayers. I sure believe God hears our prayers and is pleased and ANSWERS! Your support has been great; love the cards. The Wooly cards are my FAVORITES!!!!!

    Love,

    Aunt Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patty, it's so sweet to hear from you. Judy has been such a blessing. She won't let me want for anything. She even covers my head with her hair! We have fun like we were still kids at Itazuke, but she is such a grown up help, too. She sat through all of yesterday with us; she is so great. God sent her; He is the best of all keepers! He comes to visit in a message from you just when I need it, too!

    I love and miss you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete