Friday, January 11, 2008

Exploring with ring fingers.

Today’s picture on the blog is not just a sweet picture of Elena. Look closely at her right hand. She is ready to explore that bottle she’s shaking with the ring finger on her right hand. This was such a peculiar, but interesting and cute thing that she started doing about 3 weeks ago. She explores everything with her ring fingers before she tests it with her mouth. She’ll pick up whatever interests her and then touches it with her ring finger of the opposite hand. After she does that, she switches hands and explores it with the other ring finger. Then she pops it into her mouth. All the while she intently focuses on it. If it’s a new person in her life, then she’ll reach out and touch them with her ring finger; first one and then the other. It’s amazing. I’ve researched the Internet to see if I could find an explanation, but I find none. Probably I’m not using the right words. If any of you have any wisdom about it, we’re sure curious. Joe’s sister believes it’s a hypersensitivity sort of thing. She’s way educated in such, so she’s probably on the right track. I hoped I had a better picture of her exploring, but this is the closest I could get to it. She’s quick, you know; quicker than my camera or me! She holds her index finger and her middle finger down toward her palm and aims right in with that ring finger. It’s amazing to watch. Then she looks at you with that puzzled look of hers as if to say, “So, what? I suppose you have some rule about how to explore things, too?”

Today I took a big old nap this morning so I’d be well rested for our dinner out and card game tonight. Last night was fun, but I was zonked after a busy day. (I took all the china and other ‘pretties’ out of the china cabinet and cleaned it. Angela, the housekeeper wanted to do it, but I wanted to be the one that broke anything that got broken. I didn’t break anything!) Today, I cleaned up some ‘clutter’ on our web site, which takes more brainpower than I really have, but I could sit and do it. I’m ready to go and wanted to get the blog done ahead so I can fall right into bed when we come home. Fun is good, but it takes more energy than I generally have these days. I have to plan ahead.

I thank God for the opportunity to have some fun while I’m healing. I thank Him for the opportunity to heal! How rich are my blessings! Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment