Monday, January 21, 2008

Fever again, but okay.



Today has been another interesting day. I felt fine this morning. We went out to lunch at a Mexican restaurant. Jerry asked me if I felt feverish and I told him I felt fine, as I DID. But we got home and I thought I was really tired and ought to get some rest; just for kicks I took my temperature and it was up. Ugh. I went ahead and went to sleep and woke up with it up another degree. It’s NOT high. My regular temperature is 97 or 96, so when it’s 101, it’s up for me, but not anything that concerns the doctors much. I’m taking my meds. I expect my fever to be back down in the morning and we’ll be at MD Anderson for appointments beginning at 9. They’ll figure out what to do with me and I’ll post to the blog tomorrow night.

The picture on the blog tonight is another from Branson. Elena was enjoying some time with Uncle Phil. He looks like he’s asleep, but I’m sure (???) he wasn’t. Ha. I can’t help the caption of her saying, "We were having such a fun time, but I guess he was really bored with me?" That is such a joke because they loved and enjoyed every moment together! I treasure the trip to Branson so much because the girls and their kids could spend some quality time with Uncle Phil and Aunt Ruthie. With so many miles between us, that’s a real treasure. Most of the kids are old enough to remember the time, too. Thanks to all of you for meeting us there!

I will post to the blog tomorrow as soon as we get home from MD Anderson. We have appointments all day and a traffic filled drive home, so it won’t be too early. Watch for the report, though. I’m excited to see Judy tomorrow. She’s going to meet us and join us for our visit with the anesthesiologist. She’ll be able to ask good questions since she is married to an anesthesiologist; she’ll report to him and he’ll explain what we need explained, too. God is so great to put the people we need in our lives when we need them. I continually thank Him for His care and for YOUR support.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a precious picture!! Bless his heart, Uncle Phil wasn't asleep, but often gets accused of sleeping when he isn't; his little squinty eyes and looking down just give a false look. (Sometimes as we all know he IS asleep!) I'm sorry your are fighting the fever for whatever reason and hope you will be shed of it soon! Phil is sick and says it's sympathy for you! We will be anxious to hear of your visit with doctors tomorrow. Tell Judy hello for me!

    Love,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Ruthie, tell Phil he has to get better because I am. None of us can stand for him to be sick! This doctor orders lots of orange juice for him.

    I did well at MDA today; so far, so good and we're on schedule for Monday still.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete