Friday, January 18, 2008

Ready to head south to Houston.


We are down to the very last day before leaving for Houston. Several have asked for the address where we’ll be in Houston, so here it is:

7490 Brompton, Apt. # 442
Houston, TX 77025

There is a phone in the apartment with an answering machine, so if you can’t get us on our cell phones, then call the apartment. Often the cell phones don’t work in some parts of the hospital. The apartment phone number is 713-660-7816. My cell phone number is 405-823-6453; Don’s is 405-371-5132.

I will do my best to keep the blog current every day. The day of surgery Tricia said she would post for me and report what Don reports to her. Right now, it is our understanding that I will be in the hospital for only 24 hours (actually on an out patient basis and there for observation for the 24 hours). If that is the case, then I believe I can post to the blog if I can get up and go to the apartment. However, it might take every ounce of energy I have to get to the apartment. If that’s the case, I’m sure Trish will cover for me until I’m able to post myself. (She doesn’t have anything else to do with 6 kids at home; NOT!) The picture on the blog today is Trish with Raynie in Branson.

I don’t know who wrote this, but I received it from friends who are members of our Itazuke Alumni Association. Thank you, Linda and David Cherry! It comes to me on Red Shirt Day, the day I wear red to support our troops, so it is so appropriate; to me it is breath taking. Think about it:

"A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"

"That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
- Author unknown

I thank God for our veterans, their families who support them, and the civilians who support them. I thank God for the opportunity to be a military ‘brat.’ I thank God for all of you who support me in this chapter in my life, too. God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jo,
    Best wishes on your journey to Houston. This is Jane, Dot's daughter..and I wanted to thank you for the lovely thank you card you sent me!! I love the magnet bookmark. I just heard from one of my dear friends (who is a breast cancer survivor) that she needs to undergo more chemo...I gave her the link to your blog so you can be inspired by each other. We are all thinking of you and praying for you and we know you are gonna beat this thing!! Your new hair is lovely. Love, Jane & Dot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jane! I hope you have some time to read and USE that bookmark. You seem like you are so busy with one thing and then another; I don't know how you have time to read.

    I used to only read to learn something until about 9 years ago a sweet friend introduced me to Nicholas Sparks; she told me to read one of his books and then tell her what I thought of it. Of course I HAD to read it, then. It was such a gift to learn the art of reading for relaxation. Actually, I learn a lot from gifted authors' skill and imagination, too!

    Feel free to give anyone my blog address. I will be so glad to share inspiration with her. Nobody said tackling cancer would be easy, but God did say that He loves us and that He will always provide for us. I figure whatever He provides is what I need; I'm sure not going to take Him on for an argument about what's good for me!

    Thankd you so much for your prayers and faith in me. Thanks for liking my hair, too. It'll be even better when it gets thicker, but I can just be even more pleased, then!

    I hope you and Dot and Frazier are all feeling lots better these days!

    Love you all,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete