Thursday, January 10, 2008

The lights are still on at Big Cedar!

We had a great birthday celebration. It was fun eating out and there were only about 4 other people in the whole restaurant, so I don’t think we were exposed to anything. Dinner was good and then we enjoyed two games of cards. The guys won one and the girls won the other one. We had so much fun we’re going to do it again tomorrow night.

We’ll meet at the Mexican Restaurant this time and then go to Jo Ann and Frank’s to play. If we go to the restaurant at 4:30 there is nobody there but us. It’s a good plan. Then we can get started playing cards early and we don’t have to stay up late.

Angela came and cleaned house today, so it feels all fresh and clean around here. Now I’ll get out all the suitcases and boxes and get really serious about packing for Houston. I couldn’t have all that stuff out when she was vacuuming, so now I’ll make my mess. Actually, I had a bunch done and it’s all out in the garage. Now, I’ll finish it up. Some things have to wait until the last minute, though.

The picture on the blog tonight is of Ruthie and Phil, standing in front of a huge tree up at Big Cedar. Notice that the balls on the tree are nearly as big as their heads (some are BIGGER)! Notice the big light hanging from the ceiling: it’s made of antlers. Cool, huh? We love it up at Big Cedar; so much attention to detail.

God bless our troops every day. Tomorrow is red shirt day to show our support. I thank God for the freedoms we know and for our men and women who are willing to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment