Monday, January 14, 2008

Inversion table fixes my back ache.


The picture on the blog today is sweet Grace before her haircut in Branson. She is Tricia’s 5th child.

Last night was another rugged night for me. I slept fine until I woke up to use the bathroom; then it was hard to get comfortable because my back hurt no matter what position I took. Today I spent some time on the inversion table in the basement and I feel SO much better! I’m looking forward to good sleep tonight!

I also make 3 sets of knee bands to take to Houston. It’s not that hard a job, but it did take sewing and sewing is something I’d had to abandon for the last couple of months because of the neuropathy. So, I’m really happy to be able to work with my fingers, again. They still hurt, but they work lots better and the pain is much less. That gives me hope that someday they will be back to my usual.

I keep packing more and more to take to Houston. Don has decided to go on Saturday, so that’ll be one day less of things I can take. HA!

A good friend sent this today, and I think it is so good (Thanks, Nancy Jones!):

“I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.”

I really love that I want to thank God for even more hair coming in to replace what the chemo took. I consider it such a blessing to be able to sleep without a hat! I wore a sleep hat to the basement to sew and use the inversion table today because it’s about 58 degrees down there. Otherwise, I do really well with just a cap or even without a cap. I look goofy, but that doesn’t bother me a bit. I’m so thankful to be able to walk, see, have lots of love, be able to sew, have an inversion table to fix my back, etc., etc. Vanity is way at the bottom of my list of priorities these days. Our blessings are more than I can count and I thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment