Monday, January 28, 2008

Testing, testing . . .




Today was full of tests and phone calls. I got the blood work and chest x-ray done, as well as the bone scan. Then we got home and the phone rang a couple of times to be sure we knew that I’m scheduled for a cat scan at 6:30 in the morning and then an appointment with the surgeon at 10:15. I hope she has all the reports back to her in time to read them and clear me for surgery on Wednesday. They are holding a slot for me in surgery, but they won’t schedule everyone in until between 3 and 5 tomorrow afternoon. By the time I write the blog tomorrow night, I’ll know if surgery is on or off and be sure to tell you.

For now I’m still in ‘Limbo’ waiting to see what they tell me. I fully expect them to clear me for surgery. The doctor’s office was really scurrying today to get me scheduled for all these tests at the last minute. They are planning to do surgery on Wednesday, and will only postpone it if they see something on these tests that indicates they should wait. I really believe it will all be good for me to go on Wednesday. Pray with me that their computers stay up and running!

The pictures on the blog today are the dining room and the bathroom at the apartment. How blessed are we to have this apartment! We could not have made all the tests today and tomorrow would have to start way early if we were coming from Doris’ house! Certainly we could have been at Judy’s, but I’d hate to get them up at all hours to get us off to tests! Aki has a horrendous enough schedule! (And Judy, too, keeping up with us, not to mention Aki!

I thanks God for family and friends!

8 comments:

  1. I hate this waiting part! AGH! I never have been good with patience! I'm glad you are being kept busy, and I hope that you get all good news today! I'll be waiting to hear from you! I love you bunches!

    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you! Was so happy to get your comment on our blog...always good to know someone out there in cyberspace is reading! My prayers are with you and I have been keeping up with Peggy's blog which sometimes gives updates on you as well. But now you're in my 'favorites'...Am thinking of you and rootin' for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo, Hang in there today. All your team is praying for you, and as you know you will be eligible for surgery when You Know Who wants you to have surgery. Life is so much easier when we don't try to out guess Him, huh?

    Ok, I'm confused (as usual). When is Don's actual real birthday? I thought I had him in my b-day book but he hasn't turned up yet!!

    Hope the sun is shining on your lovely face, love ya, Linda R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping for Wednesday also MaryJo...I know you want to get it all over with. Fingers are crossed for you. dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jilly, yes the waiting part has been a challenge, but being busy racing to get appointments done has helped. It's great to know it's all over, now, and all the results are clear so we're ready for surgery tomorrow! Yee haw!

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Emily and Monty! I was so excited when I found your site, too. Thanks for your prayers and your note. Keep on rooting for us; we need all the cheers we can get, but we're going in the right direction, now!

    Peg is the best to keep us all connected. She's such an amazing person and what a family she has. Those kids are awesome, as you all are! Grandma and Grandpa Shnell would be so very proud of you all; we are!

    Love you,

    Aunt Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, you're so right, and it looks like God wants us to have the surgery tomorrow! Yippee! I'm so ready to be done with it and start the healing process.

    Don's real birthday is the 27th of January. We celebrate all the time, though, so it's hard to pin him down to a date.

    Tomorrow is the day the sun will be shining, whether the clouds are out or not. I'm going to be smiling from ear to ear. Thanks so much for all your prayers and support!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dana, thanks! You got your hope for Wednesday; that's the day! On Thursday I'll be coming 'home' and on the march to mending. I doubt I'll be doing any marching, but it's the attitude that counts, right? Thanks for your support!

    I love you gobs!

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete