Friday, January 25, 2008

Apartment is home; christened by Judy and Mary Jo laughter.



The picture on the blog tonight is Judy and I having another laughing fit. We sat down on the sofa and I hadn’t told her that it’s VERY soft! You sit and go nearly to the floor. We sat and then burst out laughing and Don took the shot. It’s another of the Judy and Mary Jo stories and they go back to 1960; memories to treasure!

Judy brought our dinner tonight and ate with us as Aki was working. It was so sweet of her to spend her Friday night with us on top of bringing dinner. Thanks, Judy!

I got our laundry done today and just about everything put in a place to call it’s own. It feels good to be somewhat settled. Our good friend at home, Joan, is checking and forwarding mail, so we’re even getting mail here. Even UPS brought us a package yesterday! It feels right and comfortable.

I got the details of the surgery schedule tonight. I report at 6 a.m. and the surgery is scheduled for 8:15 a.m. The surgeon expects the surgery to take 5 hours. A nurse will advise family and friends every 2 - 2.5 hours. I should be out of the OR by 1:30 or so. I expect they will have Don in there as soon as I’m awake. Then they will observe me for 23 hours and send me home if I’m doing well, which I expect. So we hope to get back to the apartment early on Tuesday afternoon.

I thank God for taking care of us this far and thank Him for the care He will give us for the rest of our lives. This thing on Monday is a big deal to us, but it is a piece of cake for Him. Thank you for caring!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could be there with dad while you are in surgery. Hug Judy and Aunt Doris and everyone that will be supporting him for me! You will do fine....just really wish I could be there! Rest up tomorrow! I love you!

    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jilly, you will be here in spirit, I know. We will feel your presence and love. I'd rather you be around when I'm in great shape and after tomorrow I'll be headed in that direction.

    Love you gobs,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete