Thursday, January 17, 2008

Fuzz will be hair!


The pictures on the blog tonight are me with my fuzz/hair update. It’s not much to see, but it’s how it is. The first one is of me right after I took my hat off, with all the electricity making it go every direction. This is the chia Grammy; ha! The next one is after I rubbed it down with my hands. Don was laughing at me like it doesn’t make any difference, but it does! It looks a lot better rubbed smooth. I also look a lot better laughing at him laughing at me; that’s why he’s so good for me. He makes me feel and look better!

I thought I should put this picture on for you to see how the hair is progressing. It still isn’t much for a head of hair, but it’s a lot for a bald lady! I’m pleased. It doesn’t look like it’s going to be curly or anything but gray with a brown mix. Whatever God gives me is going to be perfect! I thank Him so much for this much of a cover; it keeps my head so warm. I haven’t slept in a hat since before we went to Branson! I only wear one baseball cap at a time, too. Lots of times I don’t wear any hat at all; I love being free from a stack of hats. I’m only taking a handful of hats to Houston; that’s faith. I believe I’m going to have plenty of hair before I come home. I’m not taking a brush. I figure I can use a comb and my fingers and that’ll be fine. That way I’ll be so glad to see my brush when I get home!

I’ll post to the blog every day that I can. I don’t think I’ll be able to post on the night of the surgery because they will have me in the hospital. Actually, I think I’ll only be in for 24 hours, but I’ll ask Don to call Trish and report to her. I’ll ask her to post to the blog that day so that you’ll have the update as to how I’m doing. When my mom had her mastectomy, the first thing she said when she woke was, “Where is my red cake pan?” That was such a great icebreaker because we were all worried; when she said that it made us all laugh. We joked about it for years because there was no such thing as a red cake pan. My goal is to wake up and ask where Mamasan’s red cake pan is. I wonder if I can be that sharp? Probably I’ll wake up and ask for a barf pan . . . maybe I’ll remember to ask for a RED one. HA! I will wake up giving thanks to God. I thank Him for this opportunity to rid my body of cancer and heal to a life to give Him glory.


4 comments:

  1. So happy to see you have hair again! Hope to see you when we come again the first of May. Reading your blog has been an integral part of my devotional time in the early morning hours and I will await updates from Trish and you. Send the address where you will be living. Don't forget your camera as Houston will Spring early and the irises and azaleas will be stunning. I am praying for your safe travel,for a calm spirit and for eradication of cancer. I think you are a beautiful person inside and out. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, I hate to read that you won't be going back until the first of May, because we hope to be out of there and home by then! I'll hate to miss you, but we'll keep doing repairs and then see each other in Vegas. That'll be a great reunion for the 4 of us regardless of who else is there!

    Thanks for reminding me about my camera! It would be so like me to leave it or my cable and I will love the flowers!

    Thank you so much for your prayers and constant eye on me. I really appreciate your love. Check the blog tonight for our address in Houston.

    Take good care of you and Jim and keep up the healing process!

    Love and prayers,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is so cute!! You may decide to keep it shorter than you ever did before. Short is so much easier. We will be with you in spirit as you go through this next step. Our love and prayers are with you always. You tell Don that if either of you need ANYTHING,to please let us know. Love to you both. B & Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. B & Z, thanks so much for your love and support. I think I'll love the really short hair if it will just get thick enough to cover my head good. This has been interesting and is about to get VERY interesting! I think it'll turn out really good. We are learning lots we didn't think we needed to know, but God knows what He wants us to know. We'll be stronger for this, I know. You know we've been through so much; this is just something else to learn. God has been very good to us, so we aren't complaining. It's an unknown place, though, so it sure feels good to have your support.

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete