Thursday, January 31, 2008

Doing so well!


The day has passed and I’m still doing very well; maybe better than Don. He’s struggling to stay awake until bedtime. He only got a couple of hours of sleep last night, so I sure hope he sleeps good tonight. He went to bed for a nap this morning but didn’t sleep. He’s just not a good sleeper, so he’s having to work with this ordeal.

He’s doing great to help me by doing all the lifting and reaching for me. I fixed dinner with his help tonight. It was only a (loaded) baked potato for me and a hamburger for him, but it was all we needed. Tomorrow night we’ll have chili out of the freezer. I’m able to do everything as long as I don’t have to lift or reach too high.

I feel really good. I get sleepy, so I sleep, then I’m able to do some things before I need to sleep again. The picture on the blog is me sitting at the computer; that requires no lifting or reaching, so I can do it! I look pregnant, but no such ‘luck;’ it’s only the drains. The drains are about the size of my hands and about 1.5 inches deep, so they take a lot of space and there are 3 of them. Hopefully they’ll come out in the next 3 weeks. I’ll get pictures of them for the blog soon, so be braced to be grossed some day soon.

I can’t believe I feel so good. God has sure taken care of me. I pray that He gives Don a good night’s sleep tonight. Don’t anyone be worried; we’re doing just great!

6 comments:

  1. You look radiant and beautiful...look at the glow in that face. You are truely an inspiration to all of us MaryJo. You will be the example I try to live up to...just in case I have to go through this myself someday.
    XOXOXOXOXO dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, you are such a blessing to me; you keep me going! I sure hope you never have to go through this, but if you do Judy and I will be there with you! With support like yours and hers, it's not such a bad thing at all!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aunt Jo,
    We just wanted to let you know that you look GREAT!! We are so happy that you are doing so good and getting around. We hope that you both get a good nights rest...I am sure Uncle Donnie needs it too. Hang in there and let us know if you need anything. Luke sends you hugs and kisses! Love always, Heather, Brett & Luke

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Dana said, "You look radiant and beautiful"...that was the first thing I noticed when I saw the picture tonight! We are still so amazed that you went "home" so quickly and are doing so well! I called Evelyn to tell her I'd talked to you, and we spoke of how well you've handled this all along. I had to smile when I read "for now this bald is such a gift" and you are thanking God for that. That's what we are supposed to do, but sometimes we forget. The disciples fretted over having to feed the thousands, but not Jesus. He thanked God for the problem. Sounds just like my wonderful little sister! As I've told you before you have been such an inspiration to me in case I ever have to deal with the same thing or anything else for that matter! I love you and wish you the best as you continue on this last part of journey God chose for you; He knew He had to use you for this!

    Love,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, I feel those hugs and kisses from Luke; what a sweetie he is to send them!

    Thanks for your offer, and I know you would do whatever we need to make our stay and recovery better. We are really doing just fine. We both slept great last night, so that was a great blessing. God is so good to us!

    Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers!

    Love you,

    Aunt Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Ruthie, I'm so glad you encouraged Evelyn to call! She did and it was a wonderful visit over the phone.

    I am so grateful to be feeling so good. Folks are so kind to be concerned about me and I feel guilty because I feel so good. I crumble pretty quickly, though, so this feeling good must not go very deep. Ha! This morning I took a pain pill on an empty stomach (forgot to eat; I was so concerned that I not let the pain get ahead of me) and nearly passed out before I realized what was happening. Duh. They told us plainly to eat before taking the pill. I wasn't hungry, and the pain was calling for a pill, so I just got it out of order. It's amazing that following instructions makes such a difference! Duh.

    Anyway, thanks for your compliments to me. I do pretty well as long as I follow instructions and hang close with God. He's absolutely the best. I think He's so smart to take my hair when He knows I don't have the time or patience to fool with it; not to mention that I couldn't reach it! HA!

    I love being His child and the connection that being His child gives me to all His other children. Isn't that a great concept! We aren't limited to you, me and Jim; we have many other wonderful brothers and sisters through Christ. Wow; it makes Dot and Jane our sisters (and so many others!) and I love that!

    It's best to be your sister forever! I love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete