Monday, May 26, 2008

2 robins are growing!



I couldn’t resist putting yesterday’s and today’s pictures of the robin nest and babies on the blog. It’s too awesome how much they’ve grown in just one day. I’m thinking the 3rd egg may not be going to hatch since it appears to be two days behind the others. I love the show God puts on right in my back yard. There are so many awesome things to see all the time.

Speaking of awesome shows, we have a big storm headed right straight for us. It was going northeast, and that would have made it miss us. It’s coming straight east, now, so I’m going to post this blog and shut the computer down as soon as possible.

Today we got up early and walked for about 20 minutes less than 2 hours because Don was going to mow and get some more exercise. Then we went to the Memorial Day service that the VFW does each year. This is the second year in a row that they’ve asked our preacher to make the presentation since he was a marine. Of course he did a great job. He’s really a good guy and he’s so well liked within the community.

The rest of the day we relaxed. I fixed our card shuffler, so I’m a happy camper. When we play hand and foot canasta we use 8 decks, so that’s a lot of cards to shuffle without a shuffler. The shuffler is a must and one side had quit working. I opened it up and cleaned it and it works fine, now. Whew; that feels good!

Speaking of feeling good, I continue to feel really good. I am so grateful to God for my recovery and my energy. I don’t feel like I had surgery or like I’m recovering from anything. My arms get really stiff if I’m still for long, so I know the exercises are imperative and I continue them. They take some time, but it’s worth it to keep mobility. That’s the only thing that makes me realize that I’ve been through anything different. Then I have that one little pill and the calcium and Vitamin D that I take, but I always take a bunch of vitamins and herbs so those few more aren’t that big a deal. I think of my mom, my grandmother, and my cousin every day and know that they lived many years after having breast cancer and that gives me courage to believe I can live a long time and be healthy for the rest of my life. If it is God’s will, I will do fine; what a blessing!

2 comments:

  1. I have oohed and awed over the blue bird nest and to my surprise a bird is making a nest in the fern hanging basket on the back porch. It appears that three birds are involved in the event, while one is making the nest, I presume, two wait as sentinels on a tree branch nearby. Two of the birds are rather plain looking, not very large and grey in color.One has a red head and breast. I know they are not Cardinals, but I haven't been able to locate them in my bird book. Soon I will get the step ladder and see what's happening.
    Hearing that you are feeling well makes my heart glad. Love, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ann! It's so good to hear from you and it's wonderful that you have birds homesteading with you! I think they may be purple finches. The one with the red head and breast would be the male if they are purple finches. They sing beautifully, so you might hear a wonderful sound from them. That's what we had last year in 'our' nest on the front door.

    I am feeling so good. I hope you are, too! Take care!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete