Sunday, May 25, 2008

We are so proud of Sadie!


The picture on the blog today is Sadie with her 3 gold dollars that she won when she came in first in the sidewalk chalk drawing contest. We were so pleased for her to have this recognition. We’re very proud of her and love it when others appreciate her, too.

Two of the baby robins hatched today! I was so surprised because a friend sent me some information that said birds lay eggs one day at a time and they hatch in the order in which they eggs were laid. I didn’t see them until around 5, so maybe one hatched yesterday about that time and another right before I looked? I don’t know but there were 3 eggs when Rob took pictures around 7 last night and then there were 2 birds and only one egg left today. Anyway, I’m proud of them! I’ll keep you posted on their growth. They aren’t very pretty at all, but I’ll put their picture on tomorrow. I’m proud of the birds, but Sadie deserves the recognition on the blog today and I’m way prouder of her than I am the robins.

We had a great weekend with the kids here. They made it home safely, so we sure thank God for their safe travels and for the weekend with them. I pray that your holiday weekend is safe and healthy, too. I am so blessed to be able to walk and keep up pretty well with the kids. They told me to never lift more than 10 pounds and I carried Raynie around a lot all weekend. She weighs 16 pounds, but she's one of those babies who hangs on with her legs and her arms, so she's really easy to carry. I know God wants me to carry her; I thank Him for blessing me by letting me do it and not hurt my arm!

I walked this afternoon by myself. It was so hot, so Don stayed home. I love it when he walks with me, but I feel inspired when I can do it by myself. We normally would walk before church on Sunday when it's this hot, but we opted out of that since the kids were here this morning. I sure thank God for taking care of us! I feel like I need to be diligent about the walking because weight bearing exercise is a way to build my bones and I have to do that since the Arimidex is hard on the bones. (Arimidex is the drug I have to take for 5 years to help to keep the cancer from returning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment