Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bruce's team took second place.


It’s 10:35 Sunday night and we just got in from the baseball tournament. The picture on the blog tonight is Bruce, as he was getting ready for their first game today. They won the first two by run ruling the other teams, so they were off to a great start and made it to the championship game. They played the team they beat Friday night 10-6, but they beat us 8-3 today. It was a good tournament, though, and the boys took second place. We loved watching every bit of it and we have the sunburns to prove it. We aren’t badly burned, but we’re pink. I thank God for the sunshine, the freedom to get out in it, and the kids who are healthy and skilled enough to play great games.

We also thank God for safe travels. Dorothy is a little better after being in traction much of the weekend, but she’s still in the hospital. They’ll release her tomorrow to go to Altus to have some tests run with the neurologist; I think they’ll take it one step at a time from there. We’re anxious to see her tomorrow. The intern is coming tomorrow, too, so our house will have a new heartbeat tomorrow. I’ll get a picture and introduce him to you as soon as possible.

Hope your weekend was as fun as ours. Thanks for your love and concern for us and Dorothy, too!

4 comments:

  1. Jo,

    Send me an email with details on Pigeon Forge and we'll see what we can do. I think we have some vacation spots there. We took a trip once with Brenna and she loved Dolly Woods. So glad you had a good time with travel. We, too, got sun burns at the State Track Meet on Saturday--it was great fun.

    Take care, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jo, thanks for pictures and updates. I sure do enjoy all of them. Things seems to be going great for you and the family. Congratulations on the announcement of a new Grandbaby. They are all so special. A large family always seemed to be so happy. We have Friends in Ohio that have either 12 or 13 and are a happy family. Jane is so busy putting out plants and iris and gladiolas. She is a flower loving girl! We appreciate her doing it as we are past that stage in life but still enjoy the beauty. How could anyone look around at all the Beauty and said, There is no God? No one in the right mind!! I know you are so proud of your ball players. It all brings back memories of years ago when ours played. We are looking forward to July 5th weekend when all our immediate family plan to be here for a reunion. There will be 26 I think. There are some that haven't seen all of the new babies or they aren't so new now but from 9 months and up to 8 years. We keep in touch with Ruthie and Phil and they are so much fun to be with. My prayers are with you all and with Dorothy. Sure hope she will be well soon. God Bless You All! With Love and Prayers,
    Dot, Frazier and Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, we are all excited at the prospect that you might join us in Pigeon Forge! Our sunburns have faded to tans; hope yours did, too!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dot, it's so good to hear from you, as always! I know you are looking forward to that reunion in July!

    Thank God for that sweet flower girl of yours, Jane! I know she is making your spring something else! I think of her as I watch my birds and as I work in the yard. And I thank God for my sweet sister and brother-in-law! I'm glad you can enjoy time with them; we sure miss them!

    Thanks for enjoying my family pictures and even our ball tournaments with us. Those are the things that fill our lives these days and we're so glad it's not cancer and treatments these days!

    Love you so much,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete