Monday, May 12, 2008

Thank you, God, for every one of 16!!!


This is Gretta and Joe and they made my Mothers Day the very best with the news that they are expecting another baby on Joe and Garrett’s birthday! December 2 is a popular day at their house and this year they’ll be welcoming our 16th grandbaby into their home. We couldn’t be more blessed and we’re so happy for Elena to have a little partner for every day! I am so excited! I didn’t get to be there when Elena was born, nor when Raynie was born, so this baby I can hardly wait to welcome this baby darling!

Today has been a fun but busy day. I deadheaded down to nearly the last irises except for the rebloomers who are still busy. I also trimmed 3 redbud trees that were outgrowing their spaces. We did our walking, too; man, it was a perfect day for walking and working outside. I thank God for the ability to do these things!

Yesterday I gave in and cut the back of my hair. I was holding out to let Gretta do it, but the back was growing longer than the top and it was just wearing on me. I couldn’t hang on any longer. My hair almost looks like my hair, now. Actually, it does look like me in the picture on my driver’s license. I’m pleased.

I’m back to shaving my legs with a safety razor. I think the fuzz on my face is pretty normal, now. Maybe it doesn’t look so fuzzy because the hair on my head is longer. Anyway, I feel pretty regular. I’m pretty much back to looking regular now, especially when I wear the boobs. My big toes still look smashed, but I guess those toenails take a long time to grow. They don’t hurt unless Mason steps on them with his 40 pound feet, but if he’s that close I get a hug, so it’s worth it. I thank God for all the hugs and for all the things that feel like they’re getting back to pretty normal.

I have this cough that is embarrassing because I really lose control with it. It’s awfully tiring, too. I think it is because of allergies, but it could be the Arimidex. I’ll ‘wear’ it awhile and see how it works. I have no fever and I feel really good, so I feel so fortunate and blessed. I know that God is taking care of me and I thank Him for all my blessings.

2 comments:

  1. Jo! What a wonderful Mother's Day present -- another grandchild on the way!! Congrats to the DeSantis Family and you and Don! Happy Tuesday, love, Linda R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda! We're so pleased to get to welcome another sweet baby DeSantis into our world! We read about and know how wonderful granchildren are and we are blessed with so many of them; we're amazed and thrilled!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete