Friday, May 9, 2008

Bands are working on the gap.



The first picture on the blog is one Don took today after these beautiful flowers were delivered from Gretta! The second one is one he took 3 weeks ago before I left for the Ladies’ Salad Supper. I’m thrilled with the flowers and also thrilled to have hair getting thicker on the sides and top (The back has GOBS of curls!), AND I’ve been wearing bands on my teeth for a week and you can see the gap is looking better! If you look closely you can see that the band is pulling the front two teeth apart a bit to fill in the gap. I’m really pleased with these bands. I’m so blessed to have just come through breast cancer and a gap in my teeth is all that’s bothering me!

Today the wind was at a minimum for Oklahoma, so I sprayed weeds. Ha! The sprayer came off a few times, so we’re going to have some brown spots in the yard. Anyway those weeds won’t survive, so I think I’m winning. I still have a bunch of irises standing, but I’ve deadheaded a bunch and broken off lots of finished stalks. I really enjoy the iris saga.

We walked this morning before it was too hot, so it was really perfect. We’re going to have to start getting up to walk real early to miss the big heat that will be here soon. Right now, it’s really nice to be able to walk at a reasonable hour.

Tomorrow there is a fellowship breakfast at church and we’ll play cards at Jo Ann and Frank’s home tomorrow night. We’ll get up early for breakfast; walk after breakfast and then I think I’d better get a nap so I can be sharp for cards tomorrow night. I have trouble counting and concentrating. That’s frustrating, but I hope it will get better. Sunday after church there is a special fellowship dinner honoring mothers and our high school graduates, so this is a full weekend. I’m glad it’s right here at home so we don’t have to add travel to it. Don and I were blessed with wonderful mothers and we treasure our memories of them and recall them often. One of my favorite quotes allows me to keep our mothers even though we gave up their bodies: “How long does a man (or mother) live? Is it as long as you can touch him or is it as long as he touches you?” I thank God for memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment