Thursday, May 29, 2008

Don is grounded from walking.


The picture on the blog tonight is one I got of Gabe when they were here last weekend. Gabe is 13. He was all set to go to the Arts on the Square. He and Nate were angels and sat down in the shade with Raynie when she fell asleep. I should have taken a picture of that, but I didn’t take the camera. I’ll put Nate’s picture on the blog tomorrow night.

Today Angelica came and cleaned! WHEW! I was so relieved because someone told me she had gotten a job at the prison and I was ready to put the house up for sale. There’s no way I want to clean it again! She told me when she got here that she had applied a year ago and they just called her last week and she interviewed yesterday. She said even if she gets the job she would keep ours and two other houses to clean! Was I ever relieved! I thanked God, again, for her and her loving spirit. She said all her other clients are young and they really don’t need her, but she’ll still clean for us. Her mother was wise to name her Angelica and she is living up to that name! I feel really good these days, but I’ve learned that I don’t want to spend my life cleaning the house or stressing over what needs to be done. Angelica does such a great job and it is such a blessing not to be constantly thinking of all the things I need to do. Knowing she will do it is really a comfort to me.

We played cards tonight and the guys beat us two out of three. The nerve. I guess I’m not getting any sympathy credit anymore. We weren’t giving Don any sympathy for his blood blister, but they won anyway. It was still fun.


I think Don won’t be walking with me for a week or so; his blister is really hurting him and will take a while to heal. I braved the walk by myself this morning and will do so until he’s able to join me.

Robin report: the mother robin was sitting tight with the babies today, so I assume they are surviving the grackles. I didn’t venture near enough to scare off the mother to take a look. I want to keep an eye from a distance and give them a chance to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment