Thursday, May 8, 2008

The best side effect!


The picture on the blog tonight is one we got from the wife of one of Don’s classmates today. She took pictures at the reunion and got this one of us on Saturday night. I’m so glad she took pictures since I didn’t get any.

Today has been busy. Bless Angela’s heart; she came and shined the house. She even cleaned the basement! Since the youth intern is coming for the summer we figured he’ll take kids down there to play pool, plus it needed a good mopping. It feels good to have it clean, too. I vacuumed all the rugs down there and the stairs, so I got a good work out, too.

I also deadheaded the irises, again, today. They are really on their last leg except for the rebloomers. They’ve been refreshing, though, and I even enjoy deadheading them. It kind of satisfies the ‘tear up jack’ in me.

We shopped this morning and then came home and walked back to town for lunch at the Kozy Diner. It was so fun to have a wonderful day for walking and working in the yard.

Also I got mail today from Astra Zeneca, the company who makes the Arimidex that I’ll take for the next 5 years to help prevent a recurrence of the cancer. It listed the side effects and I found buried in the list sore throat! I had a sore throat yesterday and was really glad when I had the chance to take a nap. I couldn’t figure what was happening with the sore throat because I didn’t have a fever and Don couldn’t see any redness or anything. I remembered the chemo causing a sore throat a few times, but I didn’t remember reading about sore throat on the list of side effects of Arimidex. DUH. Chemo brain still has its hold on me! I was so thrilled to learn that the sore throat is from the Arimidex instead of that I was coming down with something hairy. If I were to choose a side effect from the list that would probably be my choice. I thank God for it and ask Him to continue to bless me with such a simple problem. I’ve taken Arimidex for almost a month, and this is the only problem I’ve noticed. I’ll be so blessed if this is as bad as it gets.

Today is the 8th; we’ve been home since the night of the 11th of last month. It’s almost a month we’ve been home and it has been such a blessed time. Thank you, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment