Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Irises are worth what little work they require.


The picture on the blog tonight is sweet baby Raynie between doctors last Friday when we saw her cleft team. We went from one doctor to the next as they tested her to see how she is progressing. She’s doing great and she fully cooperated all day. As you see here, she takes after her Daddy and wanted to check out the news from the magazines when she has a spare moment. I could get her attention, though; I can never get Rob’s attention when he’s focused on something. Sweet Raynie looks like a little sumo wrestler with her hair in a topknot. It was a fun and proud day to sit in on all the appointments with them.

Today the day for a group of us to sing at the nursing home and sit in on a devotional. I love these times. The people are so precious and the lesson is always good. It feels so good to be able to get back into this activity that I missed all last year. It amazes me how the songs bring out spirit in some folks who rarely show any. Some of them join in, even if they never say anything else. It’s a blessing to me to get to be a part in this activity.

We walked and I deadheaded irises again. The good thing about irises is they are so beautiful, but when the blooms die, they look so sad. I got some sun working with them and spent some time thanking God for the abundant way He blesses us. These irises are so tough; when they quit blooming and the greens look drab Don will mow right over them. They always come back looking awesome! Deadheading is the only real care required and I enjoy that, so they are the perfect flowers for me. I love bringing them indoors, too.

I spent a couple of hours this afternoon making beef patties with Salba in them for the next couple of months. It takes a while to do, but it’s worth it to have them ready when I cook. I also changed sheets and did laundry today because Angela is coming tomorrow and I like to have all that done before she gets here. She keeps me on schedule; I’d be lost without her. I thank God for her and for Linda Rose who encouraged me to get her.

No comments:

Post a Comment