Saturday, May 31, 2008

2 baths and a shower day!

The picture on the blog tonight is Mason last weekend when he was ready to go to the Arts on the Square. Mason is 7 and knows no fear. He is as sweet as kids come. When Ruthie and Phil came out here a year ago in April they stopped at his house and he’d heard of them and knew they were some special people. We all came in together and Don and I were collecting hugs from everyone. Trish was hugging Aunt Ruthie and Uncle Phil. Mason ran up to them and hugged them and then said, “Have I ever seen you before?” This is the same kid who would readily climb up onto the roof and jump off if there was a way up there. He has just finished 1st grade and can read, read, read! All the money they save on his haircuts goes to repairing his wounds. Who has time for a haircut when there are really cool things to do like catching frogs?

Today has been interesting. I got up early and walked and then came home and took a bath because I was soaked in sweat. We went over to the hospital, and Don and David went to breakfast while I stayed and helped Dorothy get a shower. Now, that was a hoot. I told her I should have gotten undressed and just gotten in with her. We did have fun and she was so grateful that I gave her back a good scrubbing and washed her feet and legs for her. The shower was big enough for a big chair for her and for me to get in too; I didn’t melt. After the shower she was exhausted, but I kept her sitting up long enough to get her tens unit placed on her back. Then I got into the recliner and took a nap while she napped in bed. Don and David went to Altus to get a supply of oxygen for David to take to OKC on Monday. Dorothy has an appointment at 4 on Monday with a neurologist in OKC. They’ve got her pain pretty much under control. If they can keep it under control then we are taking her to the city in our van. If it gets away from her again, she’ll have to go in an ambulance. We’re getting ready to go and playing it by ear. So, the Monday night post may be late. Thanks for your patience.

This afternoon I thinned more daffodils and gathered gobs more to take to Gretta. Of course I got way sweaty, again, and ended up taking another bath. I had two real baths today and a pretty good shower. Man, it feels good to feel good enough to do all this. I thank God so much for His abundant healing for me. Don had to come out and remind me that I have learned to not do EVERYTHING. Okay; so, I left at least 3 big clumps of daffodils that are yet to be thinned. It felt so good to get down and dirty out there in the yard! The best part was that I was digging most of those daffodils within 3 feet of the robin nest and the mother stayed right there protecting those babies! I loved being out there with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment