Thursday, May 15, 2008

God is so great!



Check out the new bird eggs! It looks like we have a robin homesteading in our back garden. The heat pump in our bedroom isn’t cooling, so Don was waiting on the heat and air guy all day, so I had to walk by myself. I was walking around the lake and noticed all the cottonwoods with cotton on them, so I wondered if ours in the back yard has cotton. When I got home I went out to there to see and a bird almost flew into me. I turned and looked and there was a nest right at my eye level! You know I got all excited and went straight to get the camera! So these are the birds we have this year and I’m the proud grammy! I know God sent me back there to find that robin’s nest. He knew it would make my day and it would remind me to give thanks and give Him praise. A little bird and her eggs is a small thing, but God takes care of all the small things! Don’t we KNOW He’ll surely take care of us!

Dorothy and David called us to go to the Mexican Restaurant for supper, so that topped today off great for me. The bad news was that they had been to Elk City to take Dorothy to the doctor as she’s having trouble with a bulging disc in her back. UGH! What’s more is that David has an appointment at the VA hospital in OKC tomorrow and he insists on going alone. We’re hoping he’ll change his mind and let Don go with him. We are so convinced that it’s always good to have someone with you when you see a doctor because it’s so hard to get everything they tell you. David is so independent, though; I doubt if he’ll change his mind tonight. We can pray. Prayer is such a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment