Monday, May 5, 2008

Abundance in every direction.


The picture on the blog tonight is of Nate and his buddy, Pete. I took them down to Bricktown to get tickets for a movie on Friday and then dropped them off at Pete’s Aunt’s restaurant. They are a couple of good guys; it’s sure refreshing to be around teenagers who are clean cut and we are blessed to have them in (and hanging out with) our family!

Today I’ve been emptying space in the front bedroom for Daniel Soto, the youth intern who will be staying with us this summer. Over the years I’ve invaded that room with a lot of my stuff, so I’m getting it out of there so I won’t have to bother him once he gets here.

We walked today and it felt good to be able to do it. We’d taken Thursday, Friday and Sunday off from our walk because we had so much happening, so it felt really good to get back to it today. I deadheaded all the irises today and loved doing that. It was hot but breezy, so it was nice to be outside to do it. I love the irises and they were looking pretty sad with all the dead ones hanging on since I’d deadheaded last on Wednesday. They looked so much cleaner and prettier when I finished, so it gave me a lift to see the difference.

God has really blessed us with a great recovery for me so that we can walk. I thank Him so much for that gift as well as the gifts of safe travels to see our family. I thank Him for our precious family and friends, too. We know that we are so richly blessed. We thank Him also for a wonderful town to call home and for a home that is so good for us. The irises are such a treat for me. We see abundance in every direction that we look and we are so grateful!

Speaking of recovery; I should report that all my peeling is done from the radiation. There are two little spots that still are not healed, but they don’t bother me at all. I only have to treat them to be sure they stay clean and heal well. I think they’ll be healed in about another week. I lotion the radiated area a couple of times a day to keep the skin in good shape. I have full use of my arms. I have to diligently stretch and exercise or I get really stiff, but that’s easy to do; the stiffness reminds me when I forget! PTL!

2 comments:

  1. hello maryjo-sending you love from me and the boys.
    mike sends his love,finn and jayke.

    you are such a beautiful inspiration..no matter what you have gone through,you have remained thankful to God,I kow he loves us all so very much and I bet he is so proud of you ((hgs))

    love always

    amanda
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks, Amanda! You are so kind. You and your guys are wonderful encouragement to me.

    Love and hugs,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete