Thursday, May 22, 2008

Spying on the eggs.


The picture on the blog tonight is one Don took a little bit ago when I was spying on the robin nest. I’ve read of folks whose robins hatch on May 15, 16 and 17th, so I’m concerned that our robins are overdue. The mother seems to be convinced it’s worth her time to set on the nest, though, so I guess I should trust her instinct. God tells her how to do this, so I shouldn’t question her.

I walked 2 hours, again, with Don today. I’m amazed and so grateful that I can do that second hour with no problem! God is really being good to me! Remember when I couldn’t take 10 steps without my knee popping out of place and then swelling? God wanted me to work up to this and I was in too big a hurry, I guess. I feel really good, so I think the walking must be good for me. I know it’s supposed to be good for building strength in my bones, so that’s my goal.

We had originally planned to go to a ball tournament in Desoto, Texas this weekend, but when we realized it’s Memorial Day weekend, Don decided he didn’t want to be on the road with extra travelers. We got sunburned last weekend (I think it’s all turning to tan, now.) and that other weekend when we went to McKinney and didn’t get home till 2 in the morning make him a little hesitant to go so soon after last week. Anyway, we decided to stay home, so Trish and Rob decided to come here! We are so excited to have them come. They haven’t been since last fall when Raynie was so little and I was dragging with chemo. It’s Hobart’s Arts on the Square weekend, so we’ll all have a great time doing that together. I hope to get good pictures to share on the blog next week.

We’re going to play cards here tomorrow night. The kids will come and then we’ll be done playing. They aren’t coming until after Rob does some errand after work, so I don’t expect them before 9 and we aim to quit at cards around 9. I’m going to be sure and get a nap tomorrow so I won’t be too tired tomorrow night. Can you tell I’m excited? We’ll introduce Daniel to Hand and Foot Canasta and he will never be the same. He’ll never be the same after a weekend with the Oglesby’s here, either; he’ll be blessed!

He’s such a cool guy. Have I mentioned that he plays the tuba? He practices every day and it’s kind of a trip. It doesn’t sound bad at all; I guess he’s really good. I have no idea how to judge, but it sounds good, so that’s the way I judge. It’s just that we’ve never had this sound around the house.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Don and Jo! We just wanted to say hi and let you know that we are still praying for you guys. Sounds like everything has been going well for you since you have been home. Brian has been delayed a few more times for his last round of chemo, but hopefully we only have another month down here. You have motivated us with your walking and tomorrow we are hoping to make it all the way to Barnes & Noble (it will be Brian's farthest walk yet). God Bless!

    Brian and Amanda Heard
    Brompton Court #684

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian and Amanda! We must be thinking on the same wave length because I just checked your blog today and couldn't post on it, so I sent Brian a card!

    I'm so proud that you're going to Barnes & Noble tomorrow! That's a pretty good trip! I'm really proud that Brian is out of the hospital and up and out. You guys just keep up the great work; it'll be WONDERFUL to be home!

    I'll keep an eye on your blog and keep you in my prayers. With love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, you are too kind. I'm looking forward to hand and foot canasta (i hope)! Thanks for putting up with my tuba, but I'm sure it's not as bad as putting up with Don, jk. You guys are great. Goodnight.
    -Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello maryjo

    well done with the walking,you are doing so well.
    you are so strong and beautiful.
    love from me and the boys

    amanda
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daniel the tuba is no problem at all. You clued right in on Don, huh? I think he's too cool, so we make a great match. Ha! Welcome to our home. After this weekend you will be really initiated with canasta and a bunch of grandkids!

    Hugs,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda and Boys, you are so generous. I am whatever God has made me and I feel so really blessed. I sure thank Him for the strength He has given me throughout this cancer experience.

    Love you all,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete