Friday, May 30, 2008

Mockingbird egg.

This is Nate last weekend before the Arts on the Square. You can always find him somewhere near his laptop. It seems like no time ago when he was Raynie's age! Wow, time flies!

After my walk this morning we learned that David had to take Dorothy back to the hospital this morning around 10:00. She is so suffering with that back. The pain had gotten unbearable, so they were back hoping to get the pain back under control. We went over and stayed with her for a couple of hours to give David a chance to go home and do his breathing treatments and shower, etc. Then we came home and spent some time in the yard getting some Vitamin D and then went back up to stay while David when home and did his breathing treatment, again.

We were so pleased to be able to spend the time with Dorothy. We saw her go from pain that looked like she might be in labor to a much more relaxed level of pain that she can tolerate and even allows her to nap some. We were there when they brought her dinner and were thrilled to see her eat all of her hamburger steak and all of her cucumber salad and all of David’s too! We sure thank God for His help in getting her pain under control. Her doctor was able to get an appointment for her with a neurologist in Oklahoma City on Monday. If she is doing as well then as she was when we left tonight, then we will drive them up there in our van because our seats will lay back a lot. If the pain gets out of control like it was this morning they will likely send her in and ambulance.

Ruthie, Dorothy said she draws hope and encouragement from your experience of 10 days down helping. She’s counting her days, but it hurts so bad that she loses track of the days!

Don is hobbling very well with his blood blister. He’s not anywhere near walking with me, though. I’m pretty pleased with myself getting up early and getting off to ‘git ‘er done before the scorcher starts! I’ll be glad when his foot will allow him to come with me, though!

Mother Robin went off hunting today and I spied a quick peek at the babies. They’re still ugly, but they’re getting bigger and stronger and fuzzier. I found a mockingbird egg on my walk this morning. God so tickles me! I’m so tickled with His designs on even bird eggs! I really enjoy walking around the lake and enjoying His handiwork. It reminds me of the song, "My God and I." "My God and I go in the fields together; we laugh and talk as good friends should and do." That’s how the song goes, but for my God and I, we take a morning walk together; around the neighborhood and then around the lake. It’s my version. It’s harvest season here in wheat country and I’m sure God is in the fields with those harvesters, too. As Willard (the preacher in Springville) would say, "Ain’t God Great!"

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing pictures of all the kids MaryJo...and I know they love being featured in your blog. The baby birds were great...certainly some expert shots in my opinion. Great detail. Yes, I'm still here spying on you..get used to it. I may not always comment..but I'm here..and I dont' miss a one of them. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dana! I love showing off the kids. You keep right on spying, Girl! I'm counting on you to be there. I'm glad you appreciate my bird pictures, too. Bless their little hearts; they are so ugly, but they'll be beautiful soon. Thanks for writing and thanks for always being there!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete