Saturday, May 17, 2008

Dorothy is in so much pain!


The picture on the blog tonight is from a month ago when we first came home from Houston. If you read the blog you’ll remember when I had a crop of just Dorothy and I posted on the blog back then. Dorothy is in the hospital at home in traction for a bulging disc and I’ve talked to David to check on her. She’s been suffering with this disc all week and yesterday was sick from the pain medicine they’d given her so she ended up in the hospital hoping to get some relief. I sure hate for her to be suffering like this! (Notice the difference in my hair from last night's picture and this one made on the 12th of April!)

We got up at 5 this morning to get here for the game this morning and then my batteries were dead in the camera, so I didn’t get any pictures today. They guys played last night and won 10-4. Then today they got beat 6-0, so we only had one game today. We’re hoping they show up tomorrow to play like they did last night. It was a beautiful day for the drive and the game, and we’ve had a wonderful visit; we look forward to tomorrow. I’ve got the batteries charging, so I hope I can make some pictures tomorrow.

We thank God for the opportunity to be with these kids. We are so proud of them. Erika and Bruce were little kids just yesterday it seems, but they are great teenagers, now. Susan and Davey do a wonderful job with them. It’s a pleasure to be around kids who get along with each other and with their parents. I’m sure they squabble and experience all the stresses normal to families with teens, but they treat each other like people and laugh and love a lot and it’s fun to be around them and proud times for us.

I’ll post tomorrow when we get home; it might be late, so thanks for your patience and prayers.

4 comments:

  1. Poor Dorothy! Please let her know I'm praying for her, too. I hope she recovers quickly.

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo,

    I just saw your picture with fuzzy hair and "boobs"--both look really good. You and your smile are amazing and I'm praying that each day will get better and better.

    Praying that your friend will find relief soon. Nothing worse than a terrible back ache and pain.

    Such great news about Gretta, too. I am so happy for her and Joe. Hope we will get to visit her sometime soon. This summer is already going so fast and will be over before you know it.

    Take care, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Trish. I did talk to David today and gave them your message. David, said, "Good, that's what we need!"

    Love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, it's so good to hear from you! Thanks for the encouraging words for me, too. I'm getting used to the boobs and my hair is coming back so curly that I'm pretty baffled by it. It's going to be fun to see what happens as it gets longer; it's sure a new trip for me!

    Yes, we are so tickled for Joe and Gretta. They'd sure love to see you this summer; time sure gets by fast! Wonder if you could meet us when we all go to Pigeon Forge? I'll have to email you about that.

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete