Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bruce poised for a hit.


The picture on the blog tonight is from this weekend when Bruce was up to bat once. He’s poised for the big hit. I can never click the camera at the right time, so I take what I can get.

Today Don and I walked early, so it wasn’t too hot, again. He is planning to walk out to our friends’ house some day soon, so he needs to build up to get ready for it. It’ll be about 13 miles. (Frank and Jo Ann) Why does he want to do this? I don’t know. It’s a kink he has. He has walked to all the neighboring towns, Roosevelt, Lone Wolf, Rocky, and Sentinel. He only walks one way. I take him a drink in the middle of the walk and then go and get him when he gets there. He just likes to be able to say he’s done it. So, now he wants to say that he’s walked to Frank’s house. He humors me a lot, so I humor him on this walking business. He was going to walk our usual one-hour walk and then do half of it again to help to build him up for his walk to Frank’s. It was still cool, so I told him I’d walk around with him. Then we got to the coming home part and he said he thought he’d do the whole walk. That smells of bait and switch to me, but I went the whole way with him. I must be nuts, too! Really, it wasn’t bad at all and it feels really good to have done it. Don’t worry; I’m not going to walk to Frank’s with him. I’m not THAT crazy.

I checked on the robin nest today and there are still only eggs in there. I keep scaring the mother off the nest because I get out there to work. Those eggs are such a pretty blue!

Tonight we sang at the nursing home and Daniel went to sing with us. Man! He has a beautiful bass voice! Then when we had our devotional at church he led the singing and he has a great voice for leading singing, as well. What a talented young man! He is studying music in college and wants to be a band director. He plays our piano well, too. Our piano is in shock to have someone who knows how to play in the house!

I thank God for bringing Daniel to join us for the summer. Just having his voice around will be a wonderful refreshment to those of us who struggle with 4 part harmony when we usually only have 2 or 3 parts! People at church are inviting him to join them for lunch and dinner from time to time over the summer, so maybe he won’t starve eating with us! The kids are going to love having him here to work with them, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment