Monday, May 19, 2008

Meet Daniel Soto!


The picture on the blog tonight is me with Daniel Soto. Daniel is the youth intern who is spending the summer with us. Cool, guy, huh? He’s really nice; I think we’re going to love having him with us.

Today Dorothy was released from the hospital and she went to Altus to have an MRI done and some other test. It was determined that she has some nerve damage from a stroke she had about 7 years ago besides the bulging disc. They tell her what she needs is 10 days in bed doing absolutely nothing. Yeah. I can’t imagine that she can do that, but she’s giving it a really good effort tonight! She’s worn out from her day of testing on top of a couple of days in the hospital, the worst place in the world to get rest! David says she’s sleeping, so that’s a good start. She sends her thanks for your prayers on her behalf.

Don and I didn’t get to walk early today before it got hot, so we had to cut our walk short. I know I need to walk, but I figure a heat stroke is not a good option. Tomorrow we’ll aim to get the walking done before it gets so hot, or I’ll insist on walking around the lake again and again; it’s shady there.
The robin is still setting on her eggs, but I expect they'll hatch any day. I'll keep you posted.

Today we spent some time getting Daniel settled into the house and getting to know him. We really feel blessed to have him with us. God has a plan and we’re so grateful that He is in charge!

Thanks for checking on us! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment