Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Grandpas know lots of answers.


The picture on the blog tonight is an important part of a baseball tournament: the grandpas contemplate the games and the state of the world. This is a picture of Don and Susan’s Dad, Bryant Reeves.

We walked this morning from 10 to 11 and it was perfect! It’s so nice to walk when it’s not killer hot!

Today was a great day. It was pretty windy out, so it never got too hot to be outside. That meant I got to thin out some of the daffodils and I’ve got 90 bulbs to take to Gretta. I have lots more to thin, but I quit before I was drained. I’ll thin some more another day. I have lots of irises to thin to get ready to take to her, too. They are building a new house in Lexington and the sooner she gets flowers going in her yard, the sooner she’ll feel at home. Mine haven’t been thinned in 2 or 3 years, so they’re happy to get some relief and I’m happy to get some time out in the dirt. The robin is still setting on her eggs. The wind blew some other little egg out of a nest, though, and it landed in the yard. That lets you know how windy it gets here. I think it’s a sparrow egg; I’ve got to research it.

I got 3 loads of clothes washed, folded and put away and our sheets changed. It feels so good to feel great! I thank God for giving me this energy and peace for living. I used to work until I could hardly move to get back in the house; like, normally, I would have thinned ALL the daffodils before I quit today. I’ve learned to balance life and it’s lots better. God is so generous to give me a wake up call and another chance at life.

No comments:

Post a Comment