Sunday, May 4, 2008



The pictures on the blog tonight were taken last Thursday afternoon when we got to Norman and visited with our friends La Moyne and Travis Wiginton. They have been missionaries in many different places, so they know someone almost everywhere we go. La Moyne was born here in Hobart and Travis was doing and interim ministry here when we moved here. We all crashed the first 50’s reunion they had here and we’ve been fast friends since. Travis is recovering from a rough reaction he had to a drug last year and La Moyne is recovering from a heart attack she had a couple of months ago, not to mention that she has had Lupus for over 40 years. They are real ministers of the Lord and very special people to us; we loved getting to visit briefly with them.

We got to have dinner with Davey and then we spent the night at his place. Then Friday Don spent the day at work with Davey and I spent the day at the doctor with Trish, Rob and Rayne. That went very well, but we don’t have a specific date for Raynie’s surgery, yet. Trish will call and get that scheduled tomorrow and I’ll report as soon as I know the details. Raynie is such a sweet little girl; I got cute pictures I’ll share soon.

Trish, Raynie and Grace and I were able to race out to see another couple of our good friends Friday afternoon: Barbara and Ira. We were in such a hurry I even FORGOT to take pictures! On our way out there Gabe called and needed us to pick him up at school, so we had to rush our visit to get back to find him. We got there and DIDN’T find him, so we had a little stress going until Rob found him after he got home from work. I don’t know how Trish handles 6 kids! I got to take Nate and his buddy, Pete, to pick up some movie tickets and that was fun. I got pictures of them I’ll share another day, too.

Friday night was the mixer night for the reunion. Then Saturday night was the banquet. This morning was the farewell brunch. It was a busy time and it was pleasant. I know Don really had a good time. It was nostalgia weekend for him because we walked around the OU campus on Saturday morning. It was good to get a day of walking done! Tomorrow we’ve got to get back into the groove of walking; we took 2 days off this week.

It’s so good to be home! We had a wonderful weekend, but home gets better and better! We’re thanking God for this great weekend, for safe travels, healthy family and friends and a daughter who can fill in posts when I forget them even while she balances 6 kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment