Tuesday, May 27, 2008

THREE baby robins!

I am so thanking God for putting beautiful feathers on birds! The 3rd egg hatched today, so I’m relieved that they’ve all survived, but they sure are ugly little things. Imagine what it would be like if they looked like this at maturity and were around everywhere. I never thought to thank God for feathers until today. I was so thrilled that the 3rd egg hatched, but what an ugly pile! I said I would keep you updated on the robins, but now I promise not to put a picture of them on at every stage because I have pictures of the grandkids that are so precious! I’ll just report how they are doing. If you are game to click on the picture and make it huge you’ll see the fuzz on the top and bottom birds; the one to the right (actually I guess he’s on the bottom!) must be today’s hatch.

Today we got up early and walked our regular hour and then we walked to the Kozy Diner for breakfast and walked home. It amounted to about 2 hours of walking; can you believe I can do that? I know that I am so blessed to be able to walk 2 hours a day! I have so much for which to give thanks!

Seven of us women went to Altus for lunch today to celebrate the end of school since Jo Ann is tied down to teaching all year. We love it when she’s free! When we go to Houston for my next check up in July Jo Ann and Frank are going with us and we’re going to spend a week in a condo about an hour from MD Anderson. I’ll just have one day of appointments, so we’ll have the rest of the time to relax. We wish she weren’t teaching so they could travel with us more! She’s a great teacher for middle school kids with learning disabilities, so she’s a gift to the community and we are proud of her, but we’re sure glad when she’s out of school. I drove. That’s kind of an accomplishment for me because I have driven so little in the last 18 months.

We learned last week that Raynie’s cleft repair is scheduled for July 23rd. Don and I will go to OKC to be with them for that surgery and for a couple of days after that if they need us. Then we’ll head to Houston on the 26th and be there for a week. Raynie’s surgery will go fine, but it will be a challenge for their family. I think the biggest challenge will be that they have to restrain her arms for a couple of weeks so that she doesn’t stick something into her mouth. She is such a sweet baby and her whole family is so good with her that I imagine she will handle this very well, but it will be a challenge for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment