Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A baseball memory.


The picture on the blog tonight is not personal but it’s a memory from the last baseball tournament in Texas. In the middle of a baseball game we looked up and saw hot air balloons approaching! They flew right over us and I got this picture. This is another example of how easily entertained I am! We’re looking forward to going to another tournament this weekend. It will be in Wichita Falls; we’ll leave early Saturday morning and come home Sunday night.

Today was a really nice day around here. It was windy, but the temperature and the wind made it perfect for our walk. We didn’t even know we were hot until we got home and didn’t have the wind blowing on our sweat to keep us cool. We sat out on the back deck and marveled at how God makes our bodies with cooling systems! It was a good session of thanking God for things which we normally take for granted. (Like sweating, wind, etc.; sometimes we even begrudge these gifts!) We spent some time out in the sun and didn’t even get hot. I deadheaded irises; there are still a few, but all the old purple and white ones are gone for 2008.

I didn’t go to church tonight; I’m still coughing too much. I slept well last night, so that was good. I think eating causes me to cough, so there just wasn’t much point in going when I was already coughing after supper. Last night I didn’t eat any snack before going to bed, so I think that might have been what helped me get to sleep better. I’ve already done my exercises and I won’t eat anything else, so I hope I can get to bed without coughing too much tonight. I don’t have any other symptoms to go with this cough, so I really do think it’s a side effect of the Arimidex. I think I’m just going to have to figure out how to cope with it; like managing when I eat relative to when I need to be quiet and not cough. I live and learn and thank God that I have no other problems and for blessing us so richly.

No comments:

Post a Comment