Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The early lizard.


This is the early lizard. "The early bird gets the worm." The early lizard gets his picture made! I got this picture that day that we discovered the 2.2 mile hike near the lake. We did the whole hike and back and then another mile or so after that. That was the day I posted pictures of the fishermen in the lake and the chateau. I thought those things would be most interesting, but this lizard was my favorite because I got it for Gabe and Mason. Gabe has always been the lizard captor to the max in our family and Mason follows right behind him. They catch everything and take it home if Trish will let them! I didn’t catch this lizard, but I was so proud to get his picture! He was so tiny; it’s a wonder I saw him, so I figure that God showed him to me and had him be still for me. He was only an inch or so long. I can’t believe they come out at this time of year, but that one did.

Today I’ve spent inside because it’s very cold, again. I was working on taxes, so I won’t even ruin this post by going into the irritating details. I am so in favor of tax reform; it’s ridiculous that it should be so hairy ever year.

I went to the fitness center and did my workout today. Don has a sore foot, so he let me go by myself. It was cool; I went around 5 and when I came back it was dark, so all the lights on the property were on and the sunset was just in the background over the lake. What a sight! This property has little white lights year round and it looks like a wonderland year round.

I just talked to Gretta and she and Garrett are almost home. They had appointments in Louisville today so they were on the road while their side of Kentucky is getting 4 more inches of snow! Louisville didn’t get any, so some of they day has been okay. They got to go by a friend’s house and get warm showers, so that was a treat. Their appointments went well (check up for Gretta and orthodontist for Garrett), so I thank God for that and for keeping them safe as they traveled today. Joe stayed home with Elena, who has the flu, and he has her down to bed already. They are all living in their living room where the fireplace is; they don’t expect power anytime soon. Life is hard for them right now, but they are surviving. I thank God for His care and all the friends He sends to them. Kentucky is a disaster area and they are right there; lets pray for the people of Kentucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment